Twitter and GT prospects

MaconBacon IM88

Jolly Good Fellow
It's clear we're going about this differently - an updated media savvy approach.

For the first time, I followed a couple of recruits and liked their GT posts or even commented verbally or with imagery.

What is appropriate? What says we want you at GT - but is helpful?

I personally did not feel great about following some 18 yr old kid but see other fan bases gushing all over them.

Signed - Creepy from GT

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
It's clear we're going about this differently - an updated media savvy approach.

For the first time, I followed a couple of recruits and liked their GT posts or even commented verbally or with imagery.

I personally did not feel great about following some 18 yr old kid but see other fan bases gushing all over them.

Signed - Creepy from GT

NEVER TWEET CROOTS like his **** maybe when its gt related to give it visibility
but do not TWEET Croots

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*

Signed - Creepy from GT

Just post the wonderful graphics ‘Morpheus’ has created. I only like, retweet and maybe respond to stupid opposing fan. I don’t tweet at the recruit

majorQ9

Jolly Good Fellow
Tweeting at recruits is kind of weird. Imagine random adults trying to tell you where to go to school.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
I made a generic GT fan profile to follow recruiting. I dont use my personal account. Use hype graphics like ibeeballin says. When they sign, a simple congrats and welcome is cool. If they sign with someone else, say nothing.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
An example of a good hype tweet would be a graphic and a hashtag like #biGTime19, #GoldBlooded20, #404TheCulture, #FamilyOverEverything, etc. You aren't trying to sway them, but just show that GT fans are engaged and excited. Keep it generic and always positive.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
At first I felt creepy watch Coach collins, but then saw he was his own marketing department (w the morpheus guy) . Really a lot of content.

I can't imagine lurking on a players account. I assume we have some intern doing this and funneling it to proper coach for action .

Following teenager -- not a good plan.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Grown men should not be interacting with kids online. Period. Unless he’s your nephew or maybe a family friend, it’s very creepy.

So what about posting here now? Because you are a grown person and there are a range of posters here.

Or are forums acceptable and Twitter not? Define this kids online? Only under 18?

Just need context for what you mean interaction online. Not being sarcastic. But before you throw that out there would like to know what is or isnt ok from your eyes etc

For the record I dont tweet. So for me its moot.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
I do think that congratulating them, when they do commit to GT OR liking their posts about GT are 2 things that are NOT crossing the line. If someone is trying to form a new "relationship" with these HS guys, other than the coaches or staff, then yes, that is "creepy".

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
So what about posting here now? Because you are a grown person and there are a range of posters here.

Or are forums acceptable and Twitter not? Define this kids online? Only under 18?

Just need context for what you mean interaction online. Not being sarcastic. But before you throw that out there would like to know what is or isnt ok from your eyes etc

For the record I dont tweet. So for me its moot.
Is this rhetorical?