Tusculum

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

They win, then they lose, then they win again... They've won 2 in a row, so maybe they're poised to lose again?
http://www.tusculumpioneers.com/sports/mbkb/2016-17/schedule

We must be a nice payday for them, because they play an in-conference road game the very next night.

They shoot well from 3 at 38%/game.

They have 21 players on their roster.

They put up 60 shots/game.

This game scares the **** out of me. Should be fun.

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
This is a depth development game hopefully. Let's give ogbonda some time. I doubt they have an answer to Lammers as most ACC teams dont so if we really need to pull away late to look good just feed him.

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
speaking of matthews....

he showed a good shooting stroke in the wake game imo. both ft and the 3 he made.

did anybody else notice coach snap at him during the last 5 minutes of the clemson game? at first i didnt know who it was because all i saw was the edge of a black pair of glasses. being hearing impaired i read coaches lips and he said something like "wtf is your problem" without the swearing of course during a time out.

then i caught the announcers talking about him and why he wasnt playing. something about him not practicing hard and not deserving the playing time.

whats up with that?

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, Matthews wasn't in the game at the time and then in that timeout huddle Coach moved towards him and singled him out for an earful. I was wondering what that was about, but if he is loafing it at practice yet expects minutes then that would explain a lot. CJP has to balance determination to get wins for the seniors and the team versus building up the players right for the future.

99jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Yeah, Matthews wasn't in the game at the time and then in that timeout huddle Coach moved towards him and singled him out for an earful. I was wondering what that was about, but if he is loafing it at practice yet expects minutes then that would explain a lot. CJP has to balance determination to get wins for the seniors and the team versus building up the players right for the future.
I think after watching the game it was pretty obvious that Matthews deficiencies on D are why he isn't playing more. He was an instant upgrade on O whenever he played. Unfortunately, he was also an instant significant downgrade on D as well. Since Pastner has made D this team's calling card it has been hard to give Matthew's minutes. I hope this offseason he is able to at least get serviceable as a defender. We could use his offensive skills next year for sure.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
This is a perfectly placed game. We've lost 2 in a row and need some confidence for the final few games. The kids looked tired and are pretty banged up. It'll be a good chance to get some of the starters a week to rest and the bench guys some minutes because we are going to need them to contribute down the stretch.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
This is a perfectly placed game. We've lost 2 in a row and need some confidence for the final few games. The kids looked tired and are pretty banged up. It'll be a good chance to get some of the starters a week to rest and the bench guys some minutes because we are going to need them to contribute down the stretch.
That's assuming this is an easy game to win. CJP loves to remind people about OT against Shorter. That wouldn't/shouldn't matter, but this will be another short-handed and injury riddled lineup. I don't mean to sound like I expect a loss, but I do expect that whomever is on the court has to really be dialed in, because I do agree with CJP's year-long assessment about margin for error.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I agree with Batman. I don't assume any win. As Pastner keeps saying their is no margin of error for this team. Have to play hard and execute every time they are on the court to have a good shot.