Turner Field vs other team

Piss on them. Hope they don't make the NCAAs. Everyone makes the SEC tournament. Just like UGAg, rewards for participation, not accomplishment.

Now on to the important games with BC. Gotta win at least one.

All our pitchers should be ready by Saturday. Ryan had 3.2 innings and got the win. Hope he turns around with this.
He did look good tonight. He would a real nice surprise addition at a time when one is needed. Here's to hope right!

RoosterJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Let's go sweep BC!

Also, in the SEC tournament, only 2 teams don't make it. Looks like ugag will get one of the last two spots in the tourney.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
He did look good tonight. He would a real nice surprise addition at a time when one is needed. Here's to hope right!

Ryan did look much better tonight. I do think UGa hitters helped him out a bit by swinging at some marginal pitches, but the ump had a large strike zone and that helped Ryan quite a bit, as many of his pitches were borderline. An ump with a slightly smaller strike zone, and against more disciplined hitters, and there would be lots of walks or long counts. But if he can give us some quality innings, that would be huge. With our hitting we only need a little bit of pitching to be a dangerous team (we need more than a little pitching to be a very dangerous team, but even a little makes us a threat to win single games against most anyone).

I want a sweep this weekend, as unlikely as that would be. After winning 2 of 3 against NC State in their first ACC road series of the year, BC has gone 1-8 in their next three road series, getting swept by both Clemson and Notre Dame. They just don't seem to play as well away from home. Here's hoping we can continue that trend.

65Jacket

GT Athlete
Great win for our guys. I hope this turns it around for Ryan. If he can be the stopper, that frees up Gorst to be a starter in the BC series and going forward. If Gibson can improve his control he has a great future. Ryan was consistantly throwing 92mph and once 94. I did not realize he threw that hard.

RoosterJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Great win for our guys. I hope this turns it around for Ryan. If he can be the stopper, that frees up Gorst to be a starter in the BC series and going forward. If Gibson can improve his control he has a great future. Ryan was consistantly throwing 92mph and once 94. I did not realize he threw that hard.
I think I recall Ryan being up around 93-95 as a freshman at times, but last year he was usually sitting 89-92. Good to see some velo come back for him.

Agree on Gibson--seems to be all about command right now for him. When he gives up hits, it's usually after getting down 2-0 or 3-1 in the count. I think CDH said somewhere either when Gibson signed or in the fall that he might have the most potential out of the pitchers.

Going to be interesting to see who starts the 2nd and 3rd games his weekend--here's my % guesses: Lee 80%, Pitts 50%, Gorst 25%, Ryan 20%, Dulaney/Gibson/Parr 10%. And don't bother trying to figure out my math there, I know it doesn't make sense.

RoosterJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Let me change my starter predictions now that I see Lee is starting Friday. For Saturday's game: Pitts 60%, Gorst 15%, Ryan 15%, Dulaney/Gibson/Parr 10%.

Now this math makes sense;)

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Let me change my starter predictions now that I see Lee is starting Friday. For Saturday's game: Pitts 60%, Gorst 15%, Ryan 15%, Dulaney/Gibson/Parr 10%.

Now this math makes sense;)

Please, please, please...not Pitts. Anybody but Pitts (although Parr has been really shaky lately also). Seriously, why not Gorst, or Zac Ryan. You only need one closer....

RoosterJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Please, please, please...not Pitts. Anybody but Pitts (although Parr has been really shaky lately also). Seriously, why not Gorst, or Zac Ryan. You only need one closer....
Totally agree. Go with Gorst and Ryan can be your long relief/closer. Dulaney can also pitch long relief.

65Jacket

GT Athlete
I heard Hall say in an interview that Gorst could pitch an inning on Thursday, and then start Saturday. And that was before yesterday's perform by Ryan.
If Ryan is back to his old self, maybe Gorst becomes a much needed starter for the post season.too.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Beating any team in the ACC (especially bc) is nothing compared to beating ugag.

These tudes are for folks who have given up on GT sports, or are the whiney type that thinks "well, I don't think we will beat them - so I will parrot the words "the game does not matter". Then they cry about why we do not get paper/radio coverage, blame the BoR for everything we do wrong, and do not sell enough tickets.

I would have rather beaten ugag in 09 than won the OB.

Total non-competitive loser mentality.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
UGAg lost 2 of 3 to Tenn over the weekend and two games under 500 overall (27-29), almost guaranteed a losing record this year. (y)

They are done, barring winning the SEC. :ROFLMAO: