Turner Field vs other team

RoosterJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Weather isn't looking too good. I've heard Pitts will get the start. If the game gets played, we have to win this to avoid the sweep.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
I think there's only a 30% chance of rain and what rain there might be will not be heavy. This game will get played without much interruption or interference.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Looks like Dulaney is starting.

Makes sense, Dulaney was warming up this Sunday and never got played. I'd expect 3 innings from him at most so he can go again this Saturday if needed. I care a lot more about this weekend; that is our ticket to the ACC and NCAA tourneys. I don't want to waste any pitchers we are going to need against BC starting Thursday through Saturday.

BC played Niagra over the weekend and plays Maine tonight. I think they are resting their pitchers for the important series this weekend.

RoosterJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Makes sense, Dulaney was warming up this Sunday and never got played. I'd expect 3 innings from him at most so he can go again this Saturday if needed. I care a lot more about this weekend; that is our ticket to the ACC and NCAA tourneys. I don't want to waste any pitchers we are going to need against BC starting Thursday through Saturday.

BC played Niagra over the weekend and plays Maine tonight. I think they are resting their pitchers for the important series this weekend.

Agreed. Pitch Dulaney, Ryan, Gibson, Gauvreau, Combs, Carpenter all an inning or so to act as their bullpen so they'll all be available for relief outings this weekend. Who will be the starters this weekend? Gold (duh), Lee, and ?? Does CDH go with Gorst or Pitts or Parr or one of the other guys mentioned above? Also have to keep in mind this weekend's games are Thurs-Sat. One less day of rest.

65Jacket

GT Athlete
Guys, we had Randy Carroll at the Lunch Bunch yesterday. He is the best source for baseball info. The goal of the team is to reach the ACC Tourney and the NCAA Tourney. They both depend on beating BC this week end. BC has two great starters. Everything depends on the BC series. We will not sacrifice that to beat Ugag. A shortage of pitchers is why they have beaten us twice this season. They have pitched some of their better pitchers against us, because they are more concerned about us.
I am on board with this priority order and I hope you are. Going to the NCAA is more important than beating a so-so Ugag team.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Guys, we had Randy Carroll at the Lunch Bunch yesterday. He is the best source for baseball info. The goal of the team is to reach the ACC Tourney and the NCAA Tourney. They both depend on beating BC this week end. BC has two great starters. Everything depends on the BC series. We will not sacrifice that to beat Ugag. A shortage of pitchers is why they have beaten us twice this season. They have pitched some of their better pitchers against us, because they are more concerned about us.
I am on board with this priority order and I hope you are. Going to the NCAA is more important than beating a so-so Ugag team.

We are in violent agreement.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer

Amen! Team should lace 'em up and just have fun tonight against the Dawgs. Get some good 'work' in with eyes on Thursday's opener against BC. Go Jackets!

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
We should not lose to UGAG in baseball more than 20 percent of the time, play to win or don't play.

I would agree if you said basketball but not so sure about baseball. Georgia leads the series and between the two schools, Georgia holds a National Title were we do not. I could go on but I'm getting a sick feeling in my stomach while typing this.:vomit:

It would be great to win this one tonight at The Ted.

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
We generally lose to ugag when at the TED! We usually win the other 2, but no one pays attention to the 2 on campus games.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Piss on them. Hope they don't make the NCAAs. Everyone makes the SEC tournament. Just like UGAg, rewards for participation, not accomplishment.

Now on to the important games with BC. Gotta win at least one.

All our pitchers should be ready by Saturday. Ryan had 3.2 innings and got the win. Hope he turns around with this.