Tulane

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Game is at Tulane, this Saturday at 5PM on CBS Sports Network. Pre-game presser below...

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
A question: How much harder is it to shoot accurately on a different court with a different background and surroundings compared to a court you are used to? (I can't shoot accurately on any court so I was asking.)

After Ar Kansas and Nova, this is our first true away game. It will be interesting to see how we respond.

2Lane is #197 and we are #41 ........ https://www.teamrankings.com/ncaa-basketball/team/tulane-green-wave

Loved CBG saying that Tadric started making his foul shots. I understand that part of the game ..... you don't shoot your free throws and the end gets painful like most games last year.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
@dtm1997 Thanks for adding the presser video.. These are always great. BG is really good gives a lot of insight with his answers.

Definitely agree on Tadric. He's got to get away from the deep ball. Start getting into the lane and either draw contact or create for someone else.

That is where he is at his best. When gets aggressive like that on offense, whether on the break or in half-court, our offense is much better.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
They have 3 guys who have hit more than ten 3pt fg. Those 3 all shoot at better than 35%. If they start going ballistic from deep it could be bad news bears for the good guys.

However I cannot speak to how good these guys are because I have yet to see them play. They did beat SFA which is a good win (or will be at the end of the year), and not only won but were down 13 at the half.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
They have 3 guys who have hit more than ten 3pt fg. Those 3 all shoot at better than 35%. If they start going ballistic from deep it could be bad news bears for the good guys.

However I cannot speak to how good these guys are because I have yet to see them play. They did beat SFA which is a good win (or will be at the end of the year), and not only won but were down 13 at the half.

Just realized how ridiculous that first paragraph is. Obviously if anyone goes ballistic from deep it will be a long night. Should read: If we continue to give teams good looks from deep or be lax on perimeter D with Tulane it could be a long night.

ramblinwreck1378

Ramblin' Wreck
A question: How much harder is it to shoot accurately on a different court with a different background and surroundings compared to a court you are used to? (I can't shoot accurately on any court so I was asking.)

After Ar Kansas and Nova, this is our first true away game. It will be interesting to see how we respond.

2Lane is #197 and we are #41 ........ https://www.teamrankings.com/ncaa-basketball/team/tulane-green-wave

Loved CBG saying that Tadric started making his foul shots. I understand that part of the game ..... you don't shoot your free throws and the end gets painful like most games last year.
A lot of it has to do with perception - in my days of high school basketball, it wasn't incredibly different going from gym unless there was something significantly different about the arena. A lot of times where you get into trouble is if for instance you move from an arena to a dome. I've heard that shooting at the Carrier Dome is a little different because the facility is so much larger and the goal appears to look much smaller compared to its surroundings. Also the fact that there is so much room behind the basket in a dome before the seating actually starts.
Short answer, it shouldn't really matter unless there is something significantly different (size of gym, extreme lighting, etc.).

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer

My simple answer is: yes it makes a difference. When I was young I used to prefer shooting on hoops where the nets were broke in an hung low. My HS's state champ runner up team in 1999 had a PG who averaged about 5 ppg for his career averaged around 16ppg when he got to the Maine Basketball Championships venue (The Mecca in Bangor for you history buffs) simply because of the backdrop and the type of rims he claimed.

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
GT Men's Basketball@GTMBB 1h1 hour ago
Honor to have one of the greatest of all-time @kobebryant at Zelnak with @Lakers today!
CVetZWzWwAYBf1t.jpg

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Late in getting it on after Cal/Wyo went to OT.

GT up 27-23 after about 12 minutes.

2nd team looked solidly active. Nice activity by Q & Lammers.

1st team generally back in and might have a good shot to really establish post..

Tulane turning it over, but they're apparently pretty young.

We need to get some separation and keep it that way if we want to win.

ETA: Adam Smith looks on today so far, but Tulane has had answers. Up 7 at 6min mark.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
10pt lead with 13 to go. We're sharing better in 2nd half. Tulane has a lot of TOs.

Q having a good game. He's doing a nice job of not just taking a 3 for the sake of a 3 and taking another step in for the better shot.

Chuck or Q just picked up foul #3, which isn't good.