Tulane Predictions

1939hotmagic

Jolly Good Fellow
If Tulane's offense scores more than two touchdowns from Green Wave possessions that start on the Tulane side of the field, I shudder to think of the earfuls the Tech defense will get from Coach Roof.

Enjoy the recent track record of Tulane OC Eric Price: Each of the past three seasons, under Price, Tulane's offense finished outside the top 100 nationally in yardage; also in that time, Tulane never finished higher than 90th in scoring. Sure, injuries and youth were contributing factors, but that's a three-season stretch of suckage. (A good Tulane defense helped the squad break .500 in 2013.) Oh: Before Tulane, Price was at Memphis, also as OC for two years; Memphis was 117th and 116th in total offense those seasons.

Tulane's QB, four of the five starting o-linemen, and several backs and receivers return from last year, a lot of youth that was thrown in the fire last season; perhaps that experience, and the proverbial "improvement" from 1st game to 2nd game this season, will result in something unexpectedly good for them. I wouldn't bet on it.

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
31-17, but not as close as it looks.

JeT leads quick TD drives on the first two possessions, one pass, one rush. Jordan and Martensen split the remaining snaps for experience. Tulane's first team D stays in. Rookie mistakes (bad reads and turnovers) slow Tech down. Tech's 1st and 2nd team D hold Tulane to one field goal (and two misses). Tulane scores one non-offensive touchdown off a dumb mistake and one TD in garbage time.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I think we go up big and then Jordan gets a fair amount of snaps. I wouldn't be surprised to see JT play the 1st half and MJ the 2nd half. I don't think 3rd string QB (Swilling or Martensen if he's back) gets much time this game, especially with MJ needing reps.

63-3, with most of the scoring in the 1st half, like last week.