Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Pretty much @ATL1 's dream

LT - Arturo Uzdavinis (Jr) - 6'7 300
LG - Colton Hasnson (So) - 6'5 315
C - Nathan Shienle (So) - 6'5 300
RG - Chris Taylor (So) - 6'2 310
RT - Sean Donnelly (Sr) - 6'8 297

and all the backups are just as big or bigger.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Backups

LT - Kenneth Santa Marina (Rs FR) - 6'6 305
LG - Alex Paul (So) - 6'6 320
C - Brandon Godfrey (Rs FR) - 6'4 295
RG - Jason Stewart - (Fr) 6'4 315
RT - Nate Skold (Jr - 6'7 290

00Burdell

Helluva Engineer
Geez, those are some big dudes. If I were the team manager, I'd make dang sure that they all didn't sit on the same side of the bus or plane when the team is traveling.

Stonewall

Jolly Good Fellow
with so little DL depth and experience, it seems like a no-brainer they'd line up and cram the ball down our throats till we prove we can stop them. hope they don't!

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Simple, stuff the box, dare them to throw. It's what teams do to us. We're gonna score a ton of points anyway, so the point is moot. A guy on their own board called their D swiss cheese and that was after Tulsa played them. They'll have no answer for the option and the passing game it spawns.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Yo
Simple, stuff the box, dare them to throw. It's what teams do to us. We're gonna score a ton of points anyway, so the point is moot. A guy on their own board called their D swiss cheese and that was after Tulsa played them. They'll have no answer for the option and the passing game it spawns.
u're being sarcastic, right? They LOVE to throw the ball....

GT Man

Ramblin' Wreck
When it comes to getting cut blocked, I wonder if it's actually a detriment to be bigger and taller.

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
Being big and being good are two different things.
One senior, one Jr starting, 1 junior in backup. 3 Fr in backup 2 of which are RS. . Not a lot of experience.

I remember in the '60s, Bama destroyed Nebraska's big O line with a D line outweighed 20 plus per avg. IIRC. In highlights Tulsa was not best tackling or coverage team IMHO. TU is going to score but I don't think they will score over 17. Tusla held them to 7 plus OT field goal in 2nd half. Tulsa let some guys get wide open for pass receptions. The pass that scares me is the one in red zone where a back went up the middle untouched and was hit quickly for a 8 or 10 yard TD.

The frosh runner is a speedy dude. Slides down the line to the outside similar to Duke Johnson. We will have to wrap up.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
The frosh runner is a speedy dude. Slides down the line to the outside similar to Duke Johnson. We will have to wrap up.[/QUOTE]

This guy can hurt us and we have to keep him contained. The Tulane STs are their liability and we have a big advantage there. Some pressure on the passer at opportune times is needed. If we can keep our O mistakes to a minimum we can outscore them, even with our soft DL. Tulane is young and prone to making game changing mistakes so we need to capitalize.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
they are fat and they zone. If our DL plays its assignment and hits the gaps there should be no issue. The issue comes with guys this size or bigger that can move, zone and drive. these guys pillow fight. I watched the tulsa game. I am not concerned unless our MLB plays as poorly as vs wofford.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
One senior, one Jr starting, 1 junior in backup. 3 Fr in backup 2 of which are RS. . Not a lot of experience.

I remember in the '60s, Bama destroyed Nebraska's big O line with a D line outweighed 20 plus per avg. IIRC. In highlights Tulsa was not best tackling or coverage team IMHO. TU is going to score but I don't think they will score over 17. Tusla held them to 7 plus OT field goal in 2nd half. Tulsa let some guys get wide open for pass receptions. The pass that scares me is the one in red zone where a back went up the middle untouched and was hit quickly for a 8 or 10 yard TD.

The frosh runner is a speedy dude. Slides down the line to the outside similar to Duke Johnson. We will have to wrap up.

That was a bowl game, if I remember correctly and Nebraska outweighed Alabama by closer to 30-35 pounds a man on the line. That period of football still fascinates me. The big debate then was whether to go with a big line or go with smaller faster linemen. Bryant was asked before the game how his team was going to be able to stay on the same field with Nebraska and he said, "We're going to out quick them."

Side note. Alabama had an All American guard by the name of Cecil Dowdy, still considered one of their best linemen ever, who weighed around 195.