Triple Option

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
It’s almost off season so let’s start this war.

I just turned on the cheez-dip bowl or cheez it...whatever. They started off by saying something along the lines of “you can’t get much different, the Triple option of Air Force vs.....”. I’m guessing something along the lines of the air raid of Washington State. I didn’t hear the end b/c Hulu ****ed me for the third time in an hour. Skipped to all the ends of the games I recorded. Don’t even get me started on Hulu DVR(they make you watch the friggin commercials!!!!!! ). But I digress...

Anyways I LOVED CPJ and what he brought to the table but I’m going to go ahead and say that I am stoked not to have to be labeled as the TO offense and be lumped in with the service acadamies. I knew we could potentially beat almost anyone in any game but in hindsight I am going to admit that it hindered us in the perception of our program and dare I say our....

....BRAND.

deeznats

Jolly Good Fellow
Air Force's drives are the death marches we used to have (for a few years there at least). It's great strategically, but as an impartial observer, not an exciting football game to watch.

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
Air Force's drives are the death marches we used to have (for a few years there at least). It's great strategically, but as an impartial observer, not an exciting football game to watch.
I used to love watching it when it worked but you’re not beating the big boys with it anymore.

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
Boring football unless you’re an option junkie. Would be like an NBA team trying to play 4 corner offense.

Good while it lasted but happy to move forward and never look back. It was terrible for our brand and stunted our growth as a program
I agree with all of this but our growth has been stunted for other reasons as well.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
I just care about wins and losses. The type of offense doesn’t really matter much to me. They are all enjoyable to watch when they work. Branding to me is just a coaching buzzword that has no real meaning in collegiate sports. The only way to improve your brand is to win.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
I just care about wins and losses. The type of offense doesn’t really matter much to me. They are all enjoyable to watch when they work. Branding to me is just a coaching buzzword that has no real meaning in collegiate sports. The only way to improve your brand is to win.

dont know about this, especially initially taking over a program. Brand had as much to do with this recruiting class as anything. Otherwise we shoulda just signed to dumb crap 60 ranked class we did prior or after 09 14 we shoulda signed top 25 classes and didn’t; we re invented ourselves etc and sold tech like it should be

what i would agree with though is when u change a brand and culture to maintain it you have to win at a relatively high level. And if thats what you mean i agree. Initial change only lasts a couple years then you have to win

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Loved watching my late son's alma mater go up and down the field against the "pirate". I must be an option "junkie", although when it happens against your team, it is more than painful. I totally enjoyed watching the kids from USAFA just school the higher level recruits. Yes, I miss it, but if our new O becomes exciting to watch, then I will enjoy that as well.