trick plays

yellowjacketjosh

Georgia Tech Fan
I hope Johnson can pull some trick plays to fool these jokers. Putting TaQuon as A-back and Matthew Jordan/ Lucas Johnson as QB would be interesting. I don't think Johnson will go this far, but would be fun to see something similar.....

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
I hope Johnson can pull some trick plays to fool these jokers. Putting TaQuon as A-back and Matthew Jordan/ Lucas Johnson as QB would be interesting. I don't think Johnson will go this far, but would be fun to see something similar.....

I’d like CPJ to line Shamire up at B-back on the goal line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jacketman1

Ramblin' Wreck
I don't like CPJ's trick plays much. Maybe it's just me, but they almost never work. Sometimes it's just a horrible call, sometimes bad execution. A few examples off of the top of my head;
Do I have to remind you about the Corey Dennis end around against Ole Miss in the Music City Bowl?
First play of the UGAg game in 2011, Tyler Melton throws a pass that falls incomplete when Stephen Hill is wide open.
2008 Chick Fil A Bowl fake punt at our own 20, Derrick Morgan goes nowhere.
Fake punt pass last week against Duke, Harvin misfires.

Edit: Forgot about Dedrick Mills pass against Clemson that was intercepted.
Also forgot about Brad Stewart's pass against Miami in 2015 that seemed to hang in the air forever and was intercepted.

Last edited:

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
I don't like CPJ's trick plays much. Maybe it's just me, but they almost never work. Sometimes it's just a horrible call, sometimes bad execution. A few examples off the top of my head;
Do I have to remind you about the Corey Dennis end around against Ole Miss in the Music City Bowl?
First play of the UGAg game in 2011, Tyler Melton throws a pass that falls incomplete when Stephen Hill is wide open.
The Dedrick Mills pass last year that gets intercepted you can add to the list.

I don't like CPJ's trick plays much. Maybe it's just me, but they almost never work. Sometimes it's just a horrible call, sometimes bad execution. A few examples off of the top of my head;

Also forgot about Brad Stewart's pass against Miami in 2015 that seemed to hang in the air forever and was intercepted.
Agree with you completely. Even the winning TD against the mutts last year was some kind of trick play that failed, but Qua was able to bail us out. Stay away from the trick plays and stick with bread and butter ones.

buzzwilder

Georgia Tech Fan
Seems like we've had 1 or 2 attempted throwback passes to an OL. I recall it working in Athens in '08, but seems like Pitt intercepted the most recent attempt? Would rather see some good ol' fashioned CPJ Death Marches.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Agree with you completely. Even the winning TD against the mutts last year was some kind of trick play that failed, but Qua was able to bail us out. Stay away from the trick plays and stick with bread and butter ones.

Fwiw, a play that ends in a game winning touchdown is an odd definition of failure. Multiple reports, if I recall correctly, indicated that keeping the ball and running it was part of the play-call if JT was covered as a receiver.

Agreed - don't forget the laughably-bad fake-punt attempt in that same Music City Bowl. The FacePlant Fake Punt that was a good 12 yds short of the 1st down.

lolpunter-2.gif

00Burdell

Helluva Engineer
Is Mathew Jordan good to go?
He announced that he is moving on from football - search for recent threads for details.

I would prefer not to get cute with the Dwags - it was pretty clear after last year's game that they were well-prepared for our trick play on the last TD which was carefully diagrammed and sent to the UGa coaching staff by a suck-up HS coach that attended some of our practices then stabbed us in the back.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
He announced that he is moving on from football - search for recent threads for details.

... was carefully diagrammed and sent to the UGa coaching staff by a suck-up HS coach that attended some of our practices then stabbed us in the back.

What? Verified? Is there a name?