Trent Sellers is gone

Animal02

Banned
I still just don't get it though. How on Earth could it be in this kid's best interest to transfer from Georgia Tech to Northwest Mississippi State Junior College (btw, I think it's Northwest Mississippi Community College...) for any reason whatsoever? If it's definitely about football then at this point you're basically sitting out a year from D1 anyways...why not transfer to a bigger school ? From an education standpoint it's just mind boggling...

Good luck to him, but it just seems like another case of a kid getting some bad advice.
Could be lots of reasons. A degree from Tech would be more or less worthless if you have decided you want a different career than the degrees offered.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Good luck to him.
Was wondering if he could play ol but jazz and parker filled that option.
Must really want to play.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Could be lots of reasons. A degree from Tech would be more or less worthless if you have decided you want a different career than the degrees offered.

I completely agree with that, but I don't understand going to Northwest Mississippi Community College if that's the case...nothing against other careers, but I think there are probably better options out there than where he's headed.

RedPete

Ramblin' Wreck
I completely agree with that, but I don't understand going to Northwest Mississippi Community College if that's the case...nothing against other careers, but I think there are probably better options out there than where he's headed.
Maybe the academics were getting the better of him. He probably has some friends or connections at NW Mississippi CC. Myself I took a summer semester back home at Alamance Community College and transferred those credits back to Tech.

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
Could be his grades prohibit transfer and JUCO is the pathway to get back on track.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
All this speculation about Trent grades flies in the face in that EVERY player was in good academic standing for the Bowl games. C'mon folks, he has his reasons and I'm sure it's been discussed with his family, he's a Tech legacy and he isn't leaving for imagined reasons.
No one was saying it was grades for sure, they were just saying it could be a possibility, and yes he might have been academically eligible but that doesn't mean it wasn't taking a toll on him and he wasn't sure if he could continue. Not saying this is the case just showing it is possible.

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
All this speculation about Trent grades flies in the face in that EVERY player was in good academic standing for the Bowl games. C'mon folks, he has his reasons and I'm sure it's been discussed with his family, he's a Tech legacy and he isn't leaving for imagined reasons.
Sometimes we need to be reminded of the facts. :)

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
This is just a trolley stop for him. Gets playing time, hopes to prove himself. But probably not.

Animal02

Banned
If he decided he wants to coach football for example, I could see where the need for "playing time" might be his highest priority. Maybe getting a bunch of core classes out of the way for his intended destination. Who knows.......there are all kinds of possibilities we are not privy to.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
We weed players out our own way folks. I know so many hate me when I say it. But we do.
I agree, you can't get better as a Program if you settle for mediocrity. If a player leaves because of playing time, that's usually a good sign about how talented your team is.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
I agree, you can't get better as a Program if you settle for mediocrity. If a player leaves because of playing time, that's usually a good sign about how talented your team is.

Well it's kind of interesting because we have so many open spots in the incoming class that aren't known to be filled. If people are leaving to make room, then there's a lot of good news to come.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Better players get more PT, the lesser ones transfer out for more PT elsewhere. If that's not weeding out I don't know what is.
That's not them purposely trying to weed them out though, if they aren't good enough to play then they won't. Weeding out purposely and not purposely weeding out is two totally different things. What you are talking about is just part of football at the college level.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
I still just don't get it though. How on Earth could it be in this kid's best interest to transfer from Georgia Tech to Northwest Mississippi State Junior College (btw, I think it's Northwest Mississippi Community College...) for any reason whatsoever? If it's definitely about football then at this point you're basically sitting out a year from D1 anyways...why not transfer to a bigger school ? From an education standpoint it's just mind boggling...

Good luck to him, but it just seems like another case of a kid getting some bad advice.

Could be better for HIM for a dozen different reasons. For all we know CPJ may have told him that is his best avenue. None of my business. Hope it works out for him. These things are often very tough for young people.