Trent Sellers is gone

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
Good luck to him in the future.
I don't think he has even sniffed the field this year has he?
He was one of those kids you always root for and for some reason they just go away.

Keep reaching kid!

TechTravis

Ramblin' Wreck
I wondered about this. The last few weeks he's been RT'ing lots of guys on twitter who are transferring, talking about new starts and stuff. This is good for Trent. I've met him a few times, and I know his dad. He's a nice kid, but probably a bit in over his head here. Maybe after a year of JC ball he can find a better fit...

GTFLETCH

Banned
Trent is a FCS starter!! Hope it works out for him!! Hate that he has to go to Junior College before FCS...

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Eh, no need to say someone wasn't any good when they announce they're transferring. That's more an indictment on the staff's recruiting than the kid not being good enough to play. Remember, the staff is the one that awards these scholarships to the player, so what you're really saying is "Coach got it wrong." I'm sure coaches saw something they could work with at the time...just didn't work out.

Good luck to Trent. Never heard anything bad about him, and he didn't cause any trouble. Can't say that about a lot of good players who leave our program.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
I still just don't get it though. How on Earth could it be in this kid's best interest to transfer from Georgia Tech to Northwest Mississippi State Junior College (btw, I think it's Northwest Mississippi Community College...) for any reason whatsoever? If it's definitely about football then at this point you're basically sitting out a year from D1 anyways...why not transfer to a bigger school ? From an education standpoint it's just mind boggling...

Good luck to him, but it just seems like another case of a kid getting some bad advice.