Transfer Portal: Who's Coming and Going (2022 Roster)

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
They crap on a younger, inexperienced player who’s transferring in, because he’s obviously trash if he didn’t start as an 18 year old at a P5 school and is willing to come to dumpster fire Georgia Tech to play for Geoff Collins. But if that same player were leaving Tech? He’d be considered a world beater and it would be an indictment on the staff for letting him slip away.

They like to criticize inexperienced transfers coming from the likes of Kansas and Kentucky, but conveniently ignore the ones from Clemson, Bama, ND, and Auburn. Yes, I know those players didn’t play a lot at those schools, but they’re YOUNG and it’s CLEMSON, BAMA, ND, and AU. The best recruits on the planet go to those schools.

Oh, they must be scrubs because they’re coming from Buffalo, Wyoming, and Memphis? 1000 yard rusher at RB, Freshman AA/multi year starter at DE, and a multi year starter with 12.5 sacks at DT. Oh, but that was against G5 competition so it doesn’t count. Add Zach Gibson to this list.

Never mind the production we’re getting with Hassan Hall…or the speed, production and potential at TE we’re getting with Luke Benson.

I’m sure this post will get quoted and cherry picked.
Im not leaving out the guys that came from the bigger schools. They fall into the same category. Before 2022 we had 8 transfers that would fall into the struggling to see the field category. Many of them 4 star players, from schools like Bama, Miami, Texas, and ND. None of them have made any meaningful contribution so far. We have decided to take 8 more of them in this recruiting cycle. We will see how it goes.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Im not leaving out the guys that came from the bigger schools. They fall into the same category. Before 2022 we had 8 transfers that would fall into the struggling to see the field category. Many of them 4 star players, from schools like Bama, Miami, Texas, and ND. None of them have made any meaningful contribution so far. We have decided to take 8 more of them in this recruiting cycle. We will see how it goes.
I do understand your criticism, but do you see a better solution for GT? We need players and I don’t think the players who are getting significant playing time at other schools are exactly breaking down the doors to come here to play and get a NIL deal for $200 from Tivo

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Wonder if one of these guys was with the drunk who was cussing at the Clemson band as the played Rag Time in our face at half time. Called them Fn farmers and told them to get on their tractors and go home. I suggested he we consider giving way more so they cant out hire our staff. Never saw him at a game since.

Crap - Till we pony up or NCAA grows some ....., I am just glad we have a team and collins has had "the talk" with Tstan.
Go jackets

MonroeJacket

GT Athlete
I do understand your criticism, but do you see a better solution for GT? We need players and I don’t think the players who are getting significant playing time at other schools are exactly breaking down the doors to come here to play and get a NIL deal for $200 from Tivo
This

MonroeJacket

GT Athlete
They crap on a younger, inexperienced player who’s transferring in, because he’s obviously trash if he didn’t start as an 18 year old at a P5 school and is willing to come to dumpster fire Georgia Tech to play for Geoff Collins. But if that same player were leaving Tech? He’d be considered a world beater and it would be an indictment on the staff for letting him slip away.

They like to criticize inexperienced transfers coming from the likes of Kansas and Kentucky, but conveniently ignore the ones from Clemson, Bama, ND, and Auburn. Yes, I know those players didn’t play a lot at those schools, but they’re YOUNG and it’s CLEMSON, BAMA, ND, and AU. The best recruits on the planet go to those schools.

Oh, they must be scrubs because they’re coming from Buffalo, Wyoming, and Memphis? 1000 yard rusher at RB, Freshman AA/multi year starter at DE, and a multi year starter with 12.5 sacks at DT. Oh, but that was against G5 competition so it doesn’t count. Add Zach Gibson to this list.

Never mind the production we’re getting with Hassan Hall…or the speed, production and potential at TE we’re getting with Luke Benson.

I’m sure this post will get quoted and cherry picked.
Looks like I spoke too soon. Byrd headed to USCw and Morris could be headed to Arky. This sh*t is infuriating, man.

TromboneJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I guess I don’t understand the transfer process very well. Is there some kind of waiting period? I would think that players can just enroll at their new schools, which would render any kind of public “commitment” utterly nonsensical. If you’re committed, just enroll. I guess I don’t have the right personality type to understand all the trying to grab attention.

TwinTownTony

Jolly Good Fellow
I really can't believe that USCw would accept one of these guys who GT is targeting out of the portal. They clearly don't know what they are doing over there in LaLaLand because we only take kids who can't cut it other places and will never make an impact. I guess Coach Riley is as bad an evaluator of transfer talent as CGC.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I guess I don’t understand the transfer process very well. Is there some kind of waiting period? I would think that players can just enroll at their new schools, which would render any kind of public “commitment” utterly nonsensical. If you’re committed, just enroll. I guess I don’t have the right personality type to understand all the trying to grab attention.

It's a hot, sticky, slimy free for all that never ends.

There's a gif to illustrate that, but the mods would almost certainly frown upon posting that in an open forum.

Well, most of the mods would. I cannot speak for @slugboy but who among us can speak for that character?

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I really can't believe that USCw would accept one of these guys who GT is targeting out of the portal. They clearly don't know what they are doing over there in LaLaLand because we only take kids who can't cut it other places and will never make an impact. I guess Coach Riley is as bad an evaluator of transfer talent as CGC.

Take notes, ladies and gentelmen.

This is the level of snark and sarcasm (snar-casm?) that keeps you off 'the list'.

Awkward Wink GIF by reactionseditor

.... sorry, not used to giving compliments.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
The ONLY situation that I see for transfers to here is by guys that are (1) a 4/5th yr player that wants a Tech degree and/or (2) are from Atl area and want to come back and maybe (3) may be losing p/t to some young hotshots. . We really have little to sell right now. Its SAD.

slugboy

Staff member
Take notes, ladies and gentelmen.

This is the level of snark and sarcasm (snar-casm?) that keeps you off 'the list'.

Awkward Wink GIF by reactionseditor

.... sorry, not used to giving compliments.
That’s a fine gif. I thought you were looking for this one

John Cena Slime GIF by Kids' Choice Awards

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
1652216920555.png