Transfer Portal: Who's Coming and Going (2022 Roster)

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Honestly I don’t see a who issue besides Gibbs.

Gibbs obviously is a BIG loss, but we won 3 games with Gibbs (2020, 2021), and we won 3 games without Gibbs (2019). You obviously want difference makers on offense, but Gibbs wasn't going to carry our team like an elite QB would on offense. I would trade Gibbs for our QB playing at a high level, or defense playing at a high level.

Our biggest issues are along the lines and in the secondary. We get the OL/DL figured out, and our secondary figured out, and we will be a much better team even without Gibbs.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Gibbs obviously is a BIG loss, but we won 3 games with Gibbs (2020, 2021), and we won 3 games without Gibbs (2019). You obviously want difference makers on offense, but Gibbs wasn't going to carry our team like an elite QB would on offense. I would trade Gibbs for our QB playing at a high level, or defense playing at a high level.

Our biggest issues are along the lines and in the secondary. We get the OL/DL figured out, and our secondary figured out, and we will be a much better team even without Gibbs.
Well, I'd sure like the have him back.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
In the post game presser after the ND game Gibbs looked very dejected. He was very quiet and had very little to say. I was concerned then that he was checking out. We were fortunate to have had him for two seasons. Too bad we couldn't open holes for him to get into the secondary but he was magic in space. He still got national recognition with our offense. Hope he finds what he is looking for at his next stop. I will always follow how he does regardless of where it is.

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer

I agree 100%. OL and DL is the core strength of any football program. IMO it is the most important position groups on the field. Not QB, Not RB, Not MLB, etc...

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
In the post game presser after the ND game Gibbs looked very dejected. He was very quiet and had very little to say. I was concerned then that he was checking out. We were fortunate to have had him for two seasons. Too bad we couldn't open holes for him to get into the secondary but he was magic in space. He still got national recognition with our offense. Hope he finds what he is looking for at his next stop. I will always follow how he does regardless of where it is.
He got 5.2 YPC behind our offensive line. Imagine how high that number would be behind a good one.

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
Are we done looking for options in the portal for OL and DL for this cycle? We got 2 excellent OL options. Just curious who our remaining portal target positions/players were at this point?

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Are we done looking for options in the portal for OL and DL for this cycle? We got 2 excellent OL options. Just curious who our remaining portal target positions/players were at this point?
I hope we're going after this guy:

At Cornell: Nourzad started the final 20 games of his Cornell career, having played both right tackle and left tackle. He was a Second-Team All-Ivy League selection as a sophomore in 2019, did not play in 2020 due to the Covid-19 pandemic and was First-Team All-Ivy League this fall. He will have two years of eligibility remaining after he graduates from Cornell in May with a degree in mechanical engineering.

The Georgia native can play on the left or ride side or at guard and he's nasty on film so it's no surprise to see so many schools interested.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
Said no one time I would not want him. Think back there was a reason Alabama wanted to only offer a gray shirt.
Agreed, his whole recruitment was "Tech showing so much love (but for real though someone else please give me a better offer)"

He's never wanted to be here, and frankly I don't think he's that good if multiple other coaching staffs have seen him and said he ain't worth a scholarship at DL.