Transfer Portal: Who do we need to target this offseason?

mts315

Ramblin' Wreck
I remember that guy. Seem like he committed to about 5 different schools.
Not according to 247. Looks like he committed to Miami then flipped to Auburn before signing day.

This will be his 2nd transfer though. I assume he will be a graduate transfer.

Would be happy to pick him up as he fill a position of need.

Bleedwhiteandgold

Georgia Tech Fan
Which game was that? He had 4 TFL and 0 sacks on the season, and all 4 TFL were in different games. I don't mean to rag on the guy, but you asked what's not impressive and I would have to repond with what did you see that WAS impressive? He had only 2 games with more than 4 total tackles, despite being listed as starter all season in a position that should have one of the highest numbers of tackles on the team. He played in 12 games and averaged just over 3 total tackles per game.

If he sticks around to next season, I do hope he has significantly improved. Hopefully the new coaching can get him there.
No that's fair, it was the Syracuse game where he recorded 5 TOT, I'm not saying he's the next all American, but he will be great for depth next year and have a chance at gaining market share of snaps in a new defensive system. He has the intangibles, and all I'm saying is the fanbase shouldn't write him off as a scrub, I saw flashes. I still have high hopes for the kid.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Just curious, what's not impressive? His size could be better, he did make some mistakes this year (but who didnt?), most of what i saw can be corrected via coaching. There was one game this year he single handedly was in the backfield making plays. I like the kid, he's a ballplayer and competitor. Let's be easy on some of these kids, and btw Efford, i like him a lot, but he also made a lot of mistakes this year. Over pursuit and bad angles was his biggest issue. Young kid and will only continue to get better. I think Tatum, Lightsey, and Efford could be a great LB core next year with growth in weight room and added discipline through film study. With SANTUCCI coming in, Tatum will be a great fit.
Efford’s a baller.

Next.

Bleedwhiteandgold

Georgia Tech Fan
i am pretty pumped to see that Tatum is coming back - he had some flashes last year - but got left behind after EFFORD got going. I hope the new DC and staff can get him playing a step faster - kid has best wheels of the lb - just starts late and in an incorrect direction.
I think Santucci has plans for him after seeing film and blitz packages. There is a reason he's coming back. Looking forward to spring practice.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
Which game was that? He had 4 TFL and 0 sacks on the season, and all 4 TFL were in different games. I don't mean to rag on the guy, but you asked what's not impressive and I would have to repond with what did you see that WAS impressive? He had only 2 games with more than 4 total tackles, despite being listed as starter all season in a position that should have one of the highest numbers of tackles on the team. He played in 12 games and averaged just over 3 total tackles per game.

If he sticks around to next season, I do hope he has significantly improved. Hopefully the new coaching can get him there.
Probably the Syracuse game, where the three LBs clearly had the best performances on the defense based on the eye test. And the eye test was backed up by their PFF scores. Tatum was the top graded player on D against Syracuse. Tatum made 3 stops*, was never targeted in coverage, and didn’t miss a tackle.

*location of the tackle is considered successful for the defense if:
- On a first down, if the offense gets 45% of the way to a first down or less
- On a second down, if the offense gets 60% of the way to a first down or less
- On a third or fourth down, if the offense doesn't get a first down.

Bleedwhiteandgold

Georgia Tech Fan
Probably the Syracuse game, where the three LBs clearly had the best performances on the defense based on the eye test. And the eye test was backed up by their PFF scores. Tatum was the top graded player on D against Syracuse. Tatum made 3 stops*, was never targeted in coverage, and didn’t miss a tackle.

*location of the tackle is considered successful for the defense if:
- On a first down, if the offense gets 45% of the way to a first down or less
- On a second down, if the offense gets 60% of the way to a first down or less
- On a third or fourth down, if the offense doesn't get a first down.
Thank you for this, I knew I wasnt the only one. He was playing like his hair was on fire out there. If he can sustain that success through spring and fall camp he will be a starter.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Typical, makes a statement with no basis to back it up.
I’m expressing my opinion, not trying to convince you. It’s not all a great debate. Sooner you learn that the less these obnoxious replies like yours here will happen.

BTW, I think Tatum can contribute well too if he’s put in the right position. He does have wheels and he can make plays. He’s a bit light in the pants, but if we can keep OL off him he could be a real asset to the team.

Bleedwhiteandgold

Georgia Tech Fan
I’m expressing my opinion, not trying to convince you. It’s not all a great debate. Sooner you learn that the less these obnoxious replies like yours here will happen.

BTW, I think Tatum can contribute well too if he’s put in the right position. He does have wheels and he can make plays. He’s a bit light in the pants, but if we can keep OL off him he could be a real asset to the team.
Cool, got what i wanted. I can sleep well tonight now. The ignorance was you not replying with a poster asked you a legit question about a student athlete. You chose to be a smart azz, look in the mirror bud. Nothing says ignorant but a two-word response.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Cool, got what i wanted. I can sleep well tonight now. The ignorance was you not replying with a poster asked you a legit question about a student athlete. You chose to be a smart azz, look in the mirror bud. Nothing says ignorant but a two-word response.
LOL. Yep, you’re right. My response was wrong. I failed to type what you wanted me to. LOL.

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
I’ve never seen someone go after another poster who was basically agreeing with his post. He was agreeing with you about Efford. You weren’t being critical of Efford just making some good observations about how he can improve but you were positive about him. And the poster agreed that Efford is a baller. What else do you want?

Bleedwhiteandgold

Georgia Tech Fan
I’ve never seen someone go after another poster who was basically agreeing with his post. He was agreeing with you about Efford. You weren’t being critical of Efford just making some good observations about how he can improve but you were positive about him. And the poster agreed that Efford is a baller. What else do you want?
LOL....yall funny