Transfer Portal: Who do we need to target this offseason?

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
He wasn't their full-time starter either of those two prior years but it's entirely possible his production is because of Chadwell's offense (plus playing against a lower level of competition). He redshirted his first year and then his r-Fr year he split time with another QB most of the season.
Chadwell's qbs get a lot of passign touchdowns off pop passes and because his "pitch" is forward. If you went back and recalculated Justin Thomas's stats by making every option pitch count as a pass he ends up with 25+ TDS ever year against like 4-10 ints and something like 3200 yards passing.

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
Chadwell's qbs get a lot of passign touchdowns off pop passes and because his "pitch" is forward. If you went back and recalculated Justin Thomas's stats by making every option pitch count as a pass he ends up with 25+ TDS ever year against like 4-10 ints and something like 3200 yards passing.
If you say so.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
If you say so.

Don't have to trust me herbstreit talked about it a lot during 2014 when we were undefeated and thomas was getting heisman buzz. I watched coastal carolina a good bit when chadwell was there due to my second team being Georgia Southern. The base option was run from the pistol the pitch was often counted as a forward pass, not unlike the variation we run now with the tight end being the pitchman on a flat route. Mccall had a lot of red zone touchdowns off these routes.

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
Don't have to trust me herbstreit talked about it a lot during 2014 when we were undefeated and thomas was getting heisman buzz. I watched coastal carolina a good bit when chadwell was there due to my second team being Georgia Southern. The base option was run from the pistol the pitch was often counted as a forward pass, not unlike the variation we run now with the tight end being the pitchman on a flat route. Mccall had a lot of red zone touchdowns off these routes.
I have no opinion. So I was deferring to yours, especially the part about Justin. I have not done any research into it.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
I have no opinion. So I was deferring to yours, especially the part about Justin. I have not done any research into it.

No worries was just pointing out other talking heads that get paid more than i do had similiar statements lol (can i have herbstreits job?)

gtee91

Georgia Tech Fan
1000000748.jpg

Any idea where this is going ? I did not see him in portal....

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
View attachment 15486
Any idea where this is going ? I did not see him in portal....

It's funny. Sometimes Mrs. kg01 wants to 'discuss' something. I know at the end, it's gonna be me having to do (or pay) something.

As I'm sitting there dozing off paying attention intently, I just keep thinking "just tell me what I'm gonna have ta do, no need to go through the details."

This is how I feel with all these tweets, subtweets, and innuendos. If you're gonna leave, just leave. It's fine. No need to stealth-slander people, just go.