Transfer Portal: Who do we need to target this offseason?

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Why beat a dead horse though
Which dead horse?

Dead Horse List:

1. Our never having enough good DL.
2. Perpetual need for more in the trenches.
3. Tech alumni not local enough.
4. Limitations of STEM school recruiting.
5. Lack of alumni support.
6. Needing offensive scheme advantage.
7. Lack of AA funds.
8. Discontent with ACC.
9. Who was Tech’s worst FB coach ever?

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Facts. Give 'em time. They'll learn we know how to derail and re-rail these things. Or they'll learn to steer around the tangents.
Chasing Tom And Jerry GIF by Max

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
It won’t get him to the NFL, but UCF seems like a place where he could fix that ratio
KJ Jefferson from Arkansas transferred to UCF. Jefferson has 18 INTs for his entire career along with 67 TDs and nearly 8000 yards passing. Something tells me Sims wouldn't be in the plans at UCF. ;)

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
KJ Jefferson from Arkansas transferred to UCF. Jefferson has 18 INTs for his entire career along with 67 TDs and nearly 8000 yards passing. Something tells me Sims wouldn't be in the plans at UCF. ;)
Is Sims a grad? He’s been in school for 4+ years now.

jojatk

Helluva Engineer

Interestingly his QB, Kaidon Salter, is also in the portal. That dude's stats are like a video game (Salter). Passing yards: 2876, Rushing yards: 1089, Passing TDs: 32, Rushing TDs: 12, INTs: 6. I wonder what his price tag is? And no, I wouldn't want him over Haynes King. I'm just curious and also wondering if he and his top receiver, CJ Daniels, end up at the same place.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
Interestingly his QB, Kaidon Salter, is also in the portal. That dude's stats are like a video game (Salter). Passing yards: 2876, Rushing yards: 1089, Passing TDs: 32, Rushing TDs: 12, INTs: 6. I wonder what his price tag is? And no, I wouldn't want him over Haynes King. I'm just curious and also wondering if he and his top receiver, CJ Daniels, end up at the same place.
Product of Chadwell's system probably. If you look at Chadwell's QB at Coastal Carolina, Grayson McCall, he had video game stats too when Chadwell was there, then dropped off quite a lot this year and looked relatively pedestrian. From 77 TD - 8 INT over the previous 3 seasons, down to 10 TD - 6 INT this season under the new coach. This was Salter's 3rd year, in the previous two he was 9 TD - 5 INT passing.

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
Product of Chadwell's system probably. If you look at Chadwell's QB at Coastal Carolina, Grayson McCall, he had video game stats too when Chadwell was there, then dropped off quite a lot this year and looked relatively pedestrian. From 77 TD - 8 INT over the previous 3 seasons, down to 10 TD - 6 INT this season under the new coach. This was Salter's 3rd year, in the previous two he was 9 TD - 5 INT passing.
He wasn't their full-time starter either of those two prior years but it's entirely possible his production is because of Chadwell's offense (plus playing against a lower level of competition). He redshirted his first year and then his r-Fr year he split time with another QB most of the season.