Transfer Portal: Who do we need to target this offseason?

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Not GT related but is portal related. Yahoo Sports has reported today Jan 4 that ol miss Q Judkins has decided to enter the portal. Hasn’t it closed until spring?
Portal closes Jan 2nd or 5 days after your teams bowl game. Whichever is later. This was the last day he could enter the portal.

Blue&Gold1034

Jolly Good Fellow
Dude had so many problems UGA didn’t even let him on the team out of HS, and apparently didn’t go after him when he left TCU. Given Georgia’s record with academics and arrests he must be an absolute cancer and a terrible presence to have in a locker room.
Judkins was never at TCU. Signed with Ole Miss coming out of HS.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Roof has had similar good defenses all along his career. I've put the numbers up before. It's why he keeps getting hired by other HCs. Bend don't Break is perfect for the B12 but I doubt it would fly in the SEC.
If I remember correctly, in 2014 CPJ and Roof had a discussion which I believe CPJ said publicly that he said he wanted the defense off the field one way or another. Punt, score, turnover, he wasn't picky just get the defense off the field. Of course the offense was pretty good that year.

I have to agree that bend-don't-break is aggravating to fans, at least to this one. I have no ill will against Roof, but I would rather see GT with an aggressive -- go get the ball -- style of defense.