Transfer Portal: Who do we need to target this offseason?

apatriot1776

Jolly Good Fellow
I think only Washington and Michigan players have the 2-week extension.
According to some sources, players who entered the portal prior to January 2 can still transfer if they have not signed a financial agreement with another school (aka are not taking a scholarship and/or are not taking classes in the spring semester). Unsure if we'll see anybody take advantage of that.

The second transfer window is Apr 15-30. I expect our lineups are set going into spring practice, but maybe somebody elsewhere loses a starting job in spring practice and wants out. That period will be crucial to filling out depth especially on DL.

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
According to some sources, players who entered the portal prior to January 2 can still transfer if they have not signed a financial agreement with another school (aka are not taking a scholarship and/or are not taking classes in the spring semester). Unsure if we'll see anybody take advantage of that.

The second transfer window is Apr 15-30. I expect our lineups are set going into spring practice, but maybe somebody elsewhere loses a starting job in spring practice and wants out. That period will be crucial to filling out depth especially on DL.
The transfer window is only applicable to entering. Not exiting. You can exit at any time.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer

The second transfer window is Apr 15-30. I expect our lineups are set going into spring practice, but maybe somebody elsewhere loses a starting job in spring practice and wants out. That period will be crucial to filling out depth especially on DL.P
Players can come out of the portal anytime. They can only go into the portal during specific windows, one which closed January 2nd. However, there is an exception for players playing in the championship game. They get a 2-week extension from the day of the championship game.

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
Players can come out of the portal anytime. They can only go into the portal during specific windows, one which closed January 2nd. However, there is an exception for players playing in the championship game. They get a 2-week extension from the day of the championship game.
I just remembered one other exception. Grad transfers can enter at any time.

Natehosch

Georgia Tech Fan
IMG_9142.png

gtee91

Georgia Tech Fan
If I remember we were actually pretty high up on his list coming out of high school. Wonder if Key will reach out for exactly this. We’re pretty good at center but the one starting spot is at guard
Well I think he has only one year left so I am not sure

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
If I remember we were actually pretty high up on his list coming out of high school. Wonder if Key will reach out for exactly this. We’re pretty good at center but the one starting spot is at guard
NVM my post. I misread yours and now I see you were indicating he could come in as a guard.

LawTalkin Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow

On Wednesday afternoon, FSU defensive end Gilber Edmond decided to enter the portal, according to On3. Edmond is moving on from Tallahassee after one season with the Seminoles. He's expected to have one year of eligibility remaining at the college level

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Not GT related but is portal related. Yahoo Sports has reported today Jan 4 that ol miss Q Judkins has decided to enter the portal. Hasn’t it closed until spring?