Transfer Portal: Who do we need to target this offseason?

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Just ran to wrong spot too often.
LOL, it reminded me that the coach of my freshmen FB team told me that I was fast but I spent too long running in the same spot. I thought it was a compliment. It was years later before I figured it out.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Oh, but Purdue is in West Lafayette.
Understood. I was only trying to show what IN looked like just north of the college.

I took that pic 4 years ago as I was driving all of my daughter’s and her boyfriend’s worldly belongings to Chicago in a 26 ft uhaul. I had never been thru there before and it’s stunning to see for a 1st timer. Those turbines are as far as the eye can see in either direction and stretches for 18 miles along the interstate.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I guess once this batch and the spring batch portal out we will be taking volunteers to fill out the line

Could be some guys that are still scheduled to play bowl games and playoffs have reached out to our coaches and said they want to join us.

Portal makes it much easier to replace guys. The portal taketh, and the portal giveth.

green&gold

Jolly Good Fellow
I’m really, really, really hoping Key has a plan for next year’s D. Everything seems either completely under wraps until the entire post season is over or he’s sticking with the staff we have now and hoping we land transfers. Something is starting to seem off with me with the defense… I also excessively worry, so…

gtee91

Georgia Tech Fan
Could be some guys that are still scheduled to play bowl games and playoffs have reached out to our coaches and said they want to join us.

Portal makes it much easier to replace guys. The portal taketh, and the portal giveth.
I guess when you think about it the new DC can rummage around the portal and find specific things. That is somewhat better than the past where a new DC had to wait a whole year because the class was signed already.

AugustaSwarm

Jolly Good Fellow
I’m really, really, really hoping Key has a plan for next year’s D. Everything seems either completely under wraps until the entire post season is over or he’s sticking with the staff we have now and hoping we land transfers. Something is starting to seem off with me with the defense… I also excessively worry, so…
Tatum's role diminished after Sherrer took over, so Tatum's decision to move on is not a surprise. I don't think he played at all in the bowl game.

This also signals that Sherrer will likely be retained, which I'm okay with. We badly need some horses on the DL, but the portal additions at LB and the continued development of Efford make me feel better about LB.