Transfer Portal: Who do we need to target this offseason?

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Looking at On3, if you're into star power, you have to like this class. They put up 4 rating services (On3, 247, sEcSPN, and Rivals). Here are the 4* ratings for GT's class:
  1. Goede: 2 (247/sEc)
  2. Canion: 4
  3. Carrie: 1 (Riv)
  4. Stevenson: 3 (247/sEc/Riv)
  5. Greer: 1 (Riv)
  6. Bradford: 1 (On3)
  7. Burrell: 1 (Riv)
  8. Knowles: 1 (sEc)
  9. Harpring: 1 (247)
Nine players rated 4* somewhere, though only 3 consensus ratings as such. What that also shows is the subjective nature of that endeavor. Still, rather have them than not, and this looks on paper like a good class.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Looking at On3, if you're into star power, you have to like this class. They put up 4 rating services (On3, 247, sEcSPN, and Rivals). Here are the 4* ratings for GT's class:
  1. Goede: 2 (247/sEc)
  2. Canion: 4
  3. Carrie: 1 (Riv)
  4. Stevenson: 3 (247/sEc/Riv)
  5. Greer: 1 (Riv)
  6. Bradford: 1 (On3)
  7. Burrell: 1 (Riv)
  8. Knowles: 1 (sEc)
  9. Harpring: 1 (247)
Nine players rated 4* somewhere, though only 3 consensus ratings as such. What that also shows is the subjective nature of that endeavor. Still, rather have them than not, and this looks on paper like a good class.

That's why I will always credit the player his highest rating, or credit a school it's highest grade. It's all subjective...usually people who have an issue crediting a player or a class its highest grade are usually people who have narrative they're trying to prove. The Calvin Johnson 5 star debate is a classic example (he was rated 5 star by one service, BUT was NOT a consensus 5 star), also the use of stars/ratings to disparage a coach's recruiting is another classic example.

At the end of the day, it's all great for message board debates, but the true measure will always be what happens on the field. Give me a 2 star signing, but 5 star on field results all day.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
The 6'6" Qb recruit from Texas team got beat in semi finals by the eventual state champs. Knowles passed very well and he kicked a 50 yard and a 37 yard field goal.
He and Philo are here in Jan to begin their tutelage at the GT Wienke Faulkner quarterback school.

I know that John King is glad that Haynes is getting schooling from Wienke. John said that Wienke is working with him to stop taking a long a stride . Like all fathers know - that is what John has told Haynes for years.

It sure looks like our OL is being better schooled by Geep.

Whoever Key picks to coach up the defensive guys is fine with me along as they have help getting game plans.

Next step is for the dc and coaches to get the defensive players to look like they are on the same page - moving as one. We look terrible.

thebull35

Jolly Good Fellow
The 6'6" Qb recruit from Texas team got beat in semi finals by the eventual state champs. Knowles passed very well and he kicked a 50 yard and a 37 yard field goal.
He and Philo are here in Jan to begin their tutelage at the GT Wienke Faulkner quarterback school.

I know that John King is glad that Haynes is getting schooling from Wienke. John said that Wienke is working with him to stop taking a long a stride . Like all fathers know - that is what John has told Haynes for years.

It sure looks like our OL is being better schooled by Geep.

Whoever Key picks to coach up the defensive guys is fine with me along as they have help getting game plans.

Next step is for the dc and coaches to get the defensive players to look like they are on the same page - moving as one. We look terrible.
I watched that DeSoto team they lost to in the finals and they have to be one of the best teams in the country. Saw highlights of the semifinal game and our kid held his own. DeSoto was just too good.

bearla96

Georgia Tech Fan
I appreciate your zeal. Don't ever lose it. All we have left is to seek to enjoy it. However, unless you started college very late in life you have never seen college football the way it was for so many decades. It will never go back there again, though, so we might as well enjoy the new version
Also forgot to mention, lets enjoy this bowl game! I graduated tech in 2018 and I haven't been this excited for bowl game since we played Kentucky in 2016. Big things are ahead for us!

Like I said, BIG THINGS ARE COMING FOR US! Coach Key is gonna turn things in great ways for us!

gtee91

Georgia Tech Fan
So looks like I saw Felix is coming back from the portal...RB room is pretty crowded it seems after the big RB flip we got late signing ?

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
So looks like I saw Felix is coming back from the portal...RB room is pretty crowded it seems after the big RB flip we got late signing ?
KQ and Russell Johnson commented on FB numbers the other day mentioning that we played this season about 1 scholarship RB short of where we want to be so if that’s true then I think Felix coming back may mean we are exactly where we want in terms of RB numbers.

Then again we could also lose one in the Spring portal window.