Transfer Portal: Who do we need to target this offseason?

Techster

Helluva Engineer
5.7 3-star (just missed 4 star). Offers from UGA, LSU, UF, and many others. That's blue chip in my book. Or do you trust the services over Kirby Smart

If Lightsey were a JR or SR with hardly any stats to show for his time at UGA, I'd just shrug my shoulders and not think too much about it.

Lightsey is a young guy with good size and athleticism. These are the kind of guys GT makes hay with their 2nd and 3rd years. From a pure talent standpoint, he's already one of our better LBs.

Now it's time for our coaches to "coach him up".

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
Are we done on the DL, if so I'm a little worried, seems to me we need a portal guy or two on the DL besides the kid from Furman who I believe is a LB in what I think will be a new defensive scheme. I don't have any info, just beginning to smell that way to me. Anyone have any thoughts on what I'm saying 'cause it's just a hunch on my part.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
Are we done on the DL, if so I'm a little worried, seems to me we need a portal guy or two on the DL besides the kid from Furman who I believe is a LB in what I think will be a new defensive scheme. I don't have any info, just beginning to smell that way to me. Anyone have any thoughts on what I'm saying 'cause it's just a hunch on my part.
Spring will have even more guys portaling

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Chances are we will net out as zero loss/zero gain once this transferring has all played out. We should certainly be able to replace that which we have lost with, at least, comparable talent if not a slight upgrade.

Fingers crossed.
Assuming after bowl season , we hire a quality dc candidate and he brings 2 quality ast coaches, we could get some quality DT,DE etc.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Thanks, Buzzbomb!

Blinking Disney Pixar GIF

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Don’t forget, teams that sign 5* at certain positions, the guys at the same position may see the writing on the wall and head our way. Fingers crossed.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
No, not doomsday by any means. CFB will survive and likely thrive. It’s not as fun as it was when you saw a young player come in you followed him through his career. It was also fun projecting to next season confident of who you’d have. It’s changed and I like the current version much less, but it’s the only CFB we have so bottoms-up!
Curious side note to this is that preseason polls will be even more suspect. I could see a team like uga still getting a top five poll position even if half their starters transfer out before the season.