Transfer Portal: Who do we need to target this offseason?

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
I won't say it's ceased to be fun for me yet, but it's working it's way towards that determination faster than I ever thought it would.
It’s definitely taking the fun out of it for fans of programs who aren’t perennial national title contenders. The bowl games don’t matter, regional rivalries are being lost, and you can’t even follow the progression of players from freshmen into seniors any more. It’s a totally different landscape than it was even as recently as 2015

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
If you really wanted to be an engineer and you aren't starting but 'above the line', which is more important. More playing time at a FCS school or the BSME from GT?
While I am a big fan of the Gt education, the 'secret sauce" really is the discipline and hard work required to get the degree. I doubt we received any content that wasn't delivered at any other engineering school. I imagine playing FB AND getting an engineering degree no matter where or in what division requires the same level of discipline and time management. (Again a special shout out to those rare individuals who can do both at Tech - that is an impressive accomplishment!).

Dinner_Jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
We need the younger guys on defense for depth. Our starters play the entire game and are definitely gassed in the 4th quarter.
I was wondering all year why Key didn’t substitute more on defense and build that depth.
Maybe all these young guys transferring out should explain why we didn’t substitute more.
They might all fit better at Kennesaw State than at GA Tech!

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
We need the younger guys on defense for depth. Our starters play the entire game and are definitely gassed in the 4th quarter.
I was wondering all year why Key didn’t substitute more on defense and build that depth.
Maybe all these young guys transferring out should explain why we didn’t substitute more.
They might all fit better at Kennesaw State than at GA Tech!
To be honest, in this day and age, if you’re not playing there’s a reason. With the portal, why would a coach redshirt anyone during the season?

bearla96

Georgia Tech Fan
God people in this chat are mega 0epressing. I'm more excited for Georgia Tech Football than I have been in a long time and all I see in the thread are bunch of people complaining and worrying. R-E-L-A-X and trust in the coaching staff and quit hyperventilating over everything. Things are gonna work out for us, believe that...

bearla96

Georgia Tech Fan
God people in this chat are mega 0epressing. I'm more excited for Georgia Tech Football than I have been in a long time and all I see in the thread are bunch of people complaining and worrying. R-E-L-A-X and trust in the coaching staff and quit hyperventilating over everything. Things are gonna work out for us, believe that...
Also forgot to mention, lets enjoy this bowl game! I graduated tech in 2018 and I haven't been this excited for bowl game since we played Kentucky in 2016. Big things are ahead for us!

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Also forgot to mention, lets enjoy this bowl game! I graduated tech in 2018 and I haven't been this excited for bowl game since we played Kentucky in 2016. Big things are ahead for us!
I appreciate your zeal. Don't ever lose it. All we have left is to seek to enjoy it. However, unless you started college very late in life you have never seen college football the way it was for so many decades. It will never go back there again, though, so we might as well enjoy the new version.

bearla96

Georgia Tech Fan
Screen Shot 2023-12-19 at 8.34.56 PM.png

Latest crystal ball for Anthony Carrie! I think we're gonna get from A&M!

MusicalBuzz

Jolly Good Fellow
As one with specific distaste for NIL and the trajectory of CFB generally, I would say that this thread and projection of transfer has been exceptionally entertaining!

The traditional notion of the game and team loyalty aside, but waiting for and seeing key players reaffirming their commitment to the school is awesome. (And the others .. well I sort of pity them) And I’m finding myself wanting to check this thread a few times a day checking on incoming players, particularly those we’re gifting the Tech education opportunity.

So .. if we give some latitude to adapt to the status quo .. this can be a fun and exciting time of the season!

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
All those that have left so far do not concern me, I am concerned about what we have not yet brought in at DL and LB, but it ain't over yet. Something tells me there may be a connection between our defensive coaching hires yet to be announced and additional defensive players coming from the portal, we'll see.
What a story it would be if we hire somebody who drags a couple of All-American defensive players in with him!

🤣😊