Transfer Portal: Who do we need to target this offseason?

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
I have a feeling some of the defensive players transferring were told a hard truth and to start looking for options.
Many of these players are Freshman. Why would you run off guys who just joined the program and have not had enough time to develop? My guess is that it has more to do with the upcoming turnover in our defensive coaching staff and not due to being told to find somewhere else to play.

dmurdock

Jolly Good Fellow
Haven't counted but would have to assume many of the freshman committed to TFG and CBK honored their commitments. Looking to bring in his type of athletes now.
Or could be related to Thacker's demotion and removal from the on-field coaching staff.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Glad we have to face that issue this year.
Agreed. I like first world problems Somehow, the staffs at OSU, Bama, Uga, tc. have managed to juggle these two priorities pretty well over the years. But if I were to prioritize one over the other, talent acquisition has greater significance than a December bowl game.

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
I'm guessing that is what is going on behind the scenes and some of the de-commits and we're going to end up liking how this turns out.
We have Biggers, Lockett and Douse coming back at the DT positions correct? And they were all contributors as far as I recall. One really good player here and we could be set barring injuries. Is Etinosa Reuben played or have a chance?

Pugh, Collins, Harris, Robinson, Youndjouen, Eddie Kelly on the edges/DE.

I feel Like Collins, Harris and Kelly will play in the bowl game and we can see more from them. I think Youndjouen is one more injury from retirement. Isn’t he on his 3rd ACL tear?

I would guess that we need a minimum of 2 more and possibly 3 at DL and DE for depth?

I think we have some young guys like Cruz, Tatum(portal???) and Meiguez that can step into some of the DB and LB roles that we need. Not nearly as concerned with the back end and have 0 concern for the O side of the ball.

We have plenty of bodies but a couple “war daddies” could really put us into contention to compete for the ACC.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
We have Biggers, Lockett and Douse coming back at the DT positions correct? And they were all contributors as far as I recall. One really good player here and we could be set barring injuries. Is Etinosa Reuben played or have a chance?

I feel Like Collins, Harris and Kelly will play in the bowl game and we can see more from them. I think Youndjouen is one more injury from retirement. Isn’t he on his 3rd ACL tear?

I would guess that we need a minimum of 2 more and possibly 3 at DL and DE for depth?

I think we have some young guys like Cruz, Tatum(portal???) and Meiguez that can step into some of the DB and LB roles that we need. Not nearly as concerned with the back end and have 0 concern for the O side of the ball.

We have plenty of bodies but a couple “war daddies” could really put us into contention to compete for the ACC.
Pugh went in the portal

THWG

Helluva Engineer

Don't forget Scott on the DL.

bucknellbison31

Jolly Good Fellow
Many of these players are Freshman. Why would you run off guys who just joined the program and have not had enough time to develop? My guess is that it has more to do with the upcoming turnover in our defensive coaching staff and not due to being told to find somewhere else to play.
If you look at the outgoing freshman transfers, most of them had very few Power 5 offers. For some, Tech was their only one. Our recruiting has certainly improved since they committed, so in all likelihood, they either a) saw the writing on the wall or b) were directly advised to leave. The reality is that these were kids who we probably reached down for anyway. I'm not saying that I like the way business is done, but these kids were highly unlikely to contribute much in the near future.

Eli

Helluva Engineer
Beginning to wonder if we are going to run the 3-3-5 as our base defense. Heavily focused on DBs even though we already have so many