Transfer Portal: Who do we need to target this offseason?

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Throw The Towel GIF

.. on Sims.

Sheesh.

TampaBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Is there any chance in Hades that the Overton brothers (both DL) transfer to GT? Lot's of Georgia connections....

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
Is there any chance in Hades that the Overton brothers (both DL) transfer to GT? Lot's of Georgia connections....
Pre-NIL those connections with the state of Georgia would factor in the chance of those guys transferring here. Now I'd say getting guys like that to transfer to GT are pretty much non existent

slugboy

Staff member
He must have been a great practice player.
Not picking on your comment—you were just the last in the thread on Sims

• I’m not going to say how long I’ve been a fan, but the great QBs have been much rarer than the QBs that weren’t
  • Lots of fans talk about natural talent and “things you can’t coach”, but what I’ve seen is that the players that separate themselves beyond the pack are the ones that learn and hone their skills.
  • There are the players that have heart and are coachable, but just aren’t going to be great. I’ve cheered like **** for them and love em
  • There are a bunch that are 4 1/2* players coming out of high school that are the same player a year or two later. We usually blame the coach. We’ve seen a bunch here, and it’s sad to see someone who just won’t do the work scratch off the squares on a winning lottery ticket. This isn’t new—this happened as long as football has been a game.
Sims has all the physical tools. Sometimes, when you’ve been able to whip the ball in to double coverage forever, you just won’t unlearn it.

(We all watched Mike Vick waste hall of fame talent. It happens)

I’m sure he looks like a future draft pick in practice. Maybe he needs Andy Reid.