Transfer Portal: Who do we need to target this offseason?

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
There is a lot of pent up frustration here my friend. I do not want to paraphrase incorrectly but, if I understand you correctly, then you are one who thinks the sport IS in fact progressing and that these changes help rather than hurt the sport? Am I reading this correctly? If so, do you think the recent turn of events will attract more fans than will leave. I do know this, I used to watch the bowls when they were fun endings to good seasons. It was my one opportunity to sit down and relax and watch teams that I normally never get to see. Now that the bowls have no value, I only watch the ones that GT play in. None of the others and none of the playoffs. My first playoff viewing will be the one that Tech participates in. So I am one viewer that has been lost over the last x years. But they may be replacing us with new fans at a rate greater than some of us are leaving.
I used to watch every bowl game if I could. Each one was like a wrapped gift, with the outer paper being glimpses of fans and team traditions I never see, then slowly revealing surprise contents and then finally winning me over to some team and their happy or sad story lines. Seems like a hundred years ago. Maybe because it was a hundred years ago. And long before there were a hundred bowl games.

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
I used to watch every bowl game if I could. Each one was like a wrapped gift, with the outer paper being glimpses of fans and team traditions I never see, then slowly revealing surprise contents and then finally winning me over to some team and their happy or sad story lines. Seems like a hundred years ago. Maybe because it was a hundred years ago. And long before there were a hundred bowl games.
Same here NS. They were each unique in their own way with a sense of history and pageantry. Just think of the names of some of them: Cotton, Gator, Sun, Rose, Orange, Peach, Liberty, Tangerine, Music City. Now it's R&L Carriers, Avocados from Mexico, Starco Brands LA Bowl hosted by Gronk ( seriously?), Wasabi Fenway Bowl,
and, of course, Union Home Mortgage Gasparilla. Many of them will be so poorly attended that the camera crew will have to be creative to avoid showing all the empty
seats. Reminds me of the Mick Jagger quote: "Too much is never enough". Sheesh:rolleyes:

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
Same here NS. They were each unique in their own way with a sense of history and pageantry. Just think of the names of some of them: Cotton, Gator, Sun, Rose, Orange, Peach, Liberty, Tangerine, Music City. Now it's R&L Carriers, Avocados from Mexico, Starco Brands LA Bowl hosted by Gronk ( seriously?), Wasabi Fenway Bowl,
and, of course, Union Home Mortgage Gasparilla. Many of them will be so poorly attended that the camera crew will have to be creative to avoid showing all the empty
seats. Reminds me of the Mick Jagger quote: "Too much is never enough". Sheesh:rolleyes:
Interestingly both UCF and GT use variants of gold and so the stadium may have a LOT of gold/mustard/yellow/white/black/blue.

WraleighWreck

Georgia Tech Fan
Lt Overton and his brother from Alpharetta in portal. Any chance the TAMU funnel at tech pulls this?

Attachments

• IMG_3898.jpeg
    IMG_3898.jpeg
    380.3 KB · Views: 49