Transfer Portal: Who do we need to target this offseason?

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
The post is gone but there is a link where it shows he made a transfer portal announcement. Also, other than RRxGT, we aren't on his profile anymore...

View attachment 15298
IMG_7535.png

Not sure how it appeared that way in the other image but the link is to a tweet he (Retweeted) not a tweet that he posted himself. The tweet is still up as well. Matches the exact wording and punctuation.
Read it for yourselves here :

GTflyer0116

Georgia Tech Fan
I gotta be honest I am seriously doubting the direction as a fan of CFB. There are simply no boundaries and regulation now and no oversight from the NCAA. From a fan’s perspective, you cannot get ‘attached’ to any one on the team because they are gone next week to the highest bidder.

I feel like we are watching the demise of NASCAR again. Conference realignment killing regionalization. Amateur to professional operations and all about money…

Does anyone else feel this way?

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
When you search someone’s twitter via a Browser (which not sure why you would do it that way, just look them up on the actual twitter site or app) it pulls up a random tweet/retweet from the user. Singleton never posted and deleted a “Portal Announcement” someone who did a google search of his twitter just pulled up a random tweet shared on his account.
Here’s an example :
Below is result for searching “Eric Singleton Twitter”
IMG_7536.jpeg

And shown is a tweet that HE did not post but rather reposted.
Heres the same tweet referenced in the image.

AugustaSwarm

Jolly Good Fellow
A couple of those QBs lost their coaches, including DJU. Tyler Van Dyke was probably pushed to transfer.

Agree that the system gives the Wild West a bad name, but some of them have extenuating circumstances
It is really shocking. I wouldn't have thought Dillon Gabriel would be going anywhere other than the NFL. I don't see how the transfer portal will be sustainable in its current format.

But we're still stuck in this system until someone finally has enough.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
It is really shocking. I wouldn't have thought Dillon Gabriel would be going anywhere other than the NFL. I don't see how the transfer portal will be sustainable in its current format.

But we're still stuck in this system until someone finally has enough.
Gabriel can probably get paid more in college that as a rookie.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Fun sequence of events with one of our LB transfer offers:

Saturday
OV to Wisconsin

Sunday
Commits to Wisconsin

Monday
Decommits

Reports surface that he decommitted but did not inform Wisconsin

His NIL agent says he did inform coaches in a totally normal, level-headed way

Lowery pumps up the volume on NIL

bigrabbit

Jolly Good Fellow
I gotta be honest I am seriously doubting the direction as a fan of CFB. There are simply no boundaries and regulation now and no oversight from the NCAA. From a fan’s perspective, you cannot get ‘attached’ to any one on the team because they are gone next week to the highest bidder.

I feel like we are watching the demise of NASCAR again. Conference realignment killing regionalization. Amateur to professional operations and all about money…

Does anyone else feel this way?
Yes and I’ve used the NASCAR analog for both college football and the PGA golf tour so many times my wife says “yeah yeah we got it”.
It’s like watching the financial markets top tick just before a crash.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
Yes and I’ve used the NASCAR analog for both college football and the PGA golf tour so many times my wife says “yeah yeah we got it”.
It’s like watching the financial markets top tick just before a crash.
I think it’s just getting progressively worse for die hards. I used to hate Pitt and VT with a passion, now they are just another ACC team. Going further back, I hated NC State and Chuck Amato, bowden and FSU, now they’re just another ACC team.
Maybe in 10 years, Clemson will be just another ACC game for us.
The need to expand and add teams has made the schedules too transitory. Familiarity breeds contempt, and you don’t get that by playing teams every 3 years. You don’t get that with no divisions.
College football is a worse product than it used to be, and that’s just the matchups/conferences. Throw in a dash of 1/3 of your team turning over to transfers every year, and it’s purely nostalgia and being a past time that holds it all together.

bucknellbison31

Jolly Good Fellow
I think it’s just getting progressively worse for die hards. I used to hate Pitt and VT with a passion, now they are just another ACC team. Going further back, I hated NC State and Chuck Amato, bowden and FSU, now they’re just another ACC team.
Maybe in 10 years, Clemson will be just another ACC game for us.
The need to expand and add teams has made the schedules too transitory. Familiarity breeds contempt, and you don’t get that by playing teams every 3 years. You don’t get that with no divisions.
College football is a worse product than it used to be, and that’s just the matchups/conferences. Throw in a dash of 1/3 of your team turning over to transfers every year, and it’s purely nostalgia and being a past time that holds it all together.
If you had to spend as much time around Pitt fans as I do, trust me, your hate would come right back. For as unaccomplished as their athletic program is, they have quite a bit of arrogance. Underrated on the list of annoying fanbases.

RhoChi

Ramblin' Wreck
I will say I’m suprised (pleasantly surprised) that we’ve only had 4 guys in the portal so far. I’m sure that number will go up, but that’s way better start than I anticipated

RoswellJacket

Georgia Tech Fan

Potentially a way to keep Jamal Haynes without spending a boatload of cash could be to take a chance on one of his high school teammates. Not advocating we spend a valuable roster spot to do so, but might be something to think about.