Transfer Portal: Who do we need to target this offseason?

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Have to have some classes some players can take after their undergrad degree if they have eligibility...
I don’t think they have to be in a professional degree program if they’ve graduated. They have to be in a school, but don’t think a declared major is needed and they can just take additional graduate coursework for a semester if they can

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Yes. According to PFF, Akelo Stone was Ole Miss’s top DL and the 3rd ranked player on their defense. Walton was the 4th ranked player on their defense, and Jared Ivey was the 2nd graded player on their DL and 7th overall on defense. I’d say that their decision helped all of them, especially considering they’re playing for a top 15 team.
You never know. Had they all stayed, they might have played for a top-15 team here.

RhoChi

Ramblin' Wreck
7314643E-F3FD-4517-9A8E-CD18FB5D99E7.jpeg

I mean I know it’s his choice. But no way Cooley is transferring out away from Norvell after he just transferred and had a not great year.

Also, love the energy from Lane. Buddy is in it for the long haul

RhoChi

Ramblin' Wreck
Man I just don't get it. Why is it always assumed the grass is always greener? No one wants to wait for their opportunity. With Smith gone, Cooley has the opportunity to earn that starting role back alongside Haynes next year.
Wouldn’t he also have to sit out a year too or what’s the rules with that? NCAA transfer policy has gotten so muddy and messy I can’t keep up

slugboy

Staff member
Isn't there a rule about transferring back to your original school? Something in the back of my mind...
There is. If you transfer and you get no playing time, you can transfer back with no penalty. It’s a really low amount of playing time, though.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Well, I just want to reassure all of you that we can trust the process and the process can be trusted. Sometimes we choose our path and sometimes the path is chosen for us. Embrace the journey; we will understand it when it reveals itself to be understood. I, for one, am here today and that’s enough, until tomorrow. Tomorrow is a gift. Never forget that. Trust it. Understanding is key. It will all make sense when you understand.
Freedom Decisions GIF by XRay.Tech

I was truly inspired by your response.