Transfer Kicker - Brent Cimaglia

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Not to be a Debbie-Downer, but wasn't this guy injured most of last year, and now is trying to rebound? Isn't there some slim chance his injury will prevent him from achieving what he achieved before?

I ask mostly our of ignorance.....(and concern)

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
So for me this is a tipping point moment for Georgia Tech Football. Coach Collins has made GT such a desirable destination for enough talent thru both the transfer portal and recruiting that I now view the future in a very different light. A bright future.
Word from UT fans that Pruitt was not easy to play for. Even UGA got rid of him for violating some internal policy. I do think Collins is a coach the kids like. Not sure some that have transferred would agree with that. He does do things that are not typical.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Not to be a Debbie-Downer, but wasn't this guy injured most of last year, and now is trying to rebound? Isn't there some slim chance his injury will prevent him from achieving what he achieved before?

Depends on what the injury was (which I don't know). The fact that he was able to gut it out through a substantial part of the season probably means it wasn't that serious and more of just a nagging thing.

Even injured, he was 5 of 9. We'd take it, honestly, but I think he'll be better than that.

stech81

Helluva Engineer

I understand stand your concern and to help you I used math to see if there is a need to be concerned.

1613399940877.png

as you can see I really have no idea but he can't be as bad as our kickers were last year. And if it don't get no better then drink more beer.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos

I was thinking the same thing when I read "his bio". Said he opted out of last two games to rehab. I hope he's healthy.

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
So for me this is a tipping point moment for Georgia Tech Football. Coach Collins has made GT such a desirable destination for enough talent thru both the transfer portal and recruiting that I now view the future in a very different light. A bright future.
There are lots of places that accumulate talent and still have teams that underperform. I hope you are right, but I think Collins has yet to demonstrate the level of coaching we will need to really succeed.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
As has been pointed out, issues with kicks last year had a lot to do with blocking and being able to get the kick in the air in a timely fashion. I don't think we were desperate for a kicker, yet we of course would address a need by getting a slam dunk. This is a slam dunk if healthy, and I really doubt staff would give him a ship even for a year if they didn't think he was 100%.