Tough to be a jacket fan

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
With TM or TO undercenter we will not be throwing the ball much. I don't think the game plan changes much. VT will be ready.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
As I stated in another post, if things had worked out as planned....Mathew Jordan would be our starter. Dedrick Mills and Marcus Marshal would be co-Bbacks. Abacks would have been Lynch, Searcy, Benson, Cotrell, with Ta Quon being the back up or an Aback. Think about that a minute.
Yes, and that would have been a team to fear. Matthew coming around the corner into a DB at 6'1", 210 is a sure three yards. Mills is a sure four by the middle of the second quarter. The midline would have been a major weapon as well. The battering we would have given opposing Ds would have been a delight to behold. Ah, well.

Btw, I think MM would have needed up starting at AB with Lynch. Howard would be backing up Mills. Too bad we'll never get to find out how that would have worked out.

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
Yeah but we've also had extra time to prepare for a backup-QB-led VPI offense.

Honestly, the TQM offense is not the 2014 or 2009 offense thus isn't that tough to prepare for. Be ready for a ton of FB dives and QB Keepers. Play man coverage and put the other 8 in the box. So far, we've not shown any ability to beat anyone via the pass.

I think if VPI scores 17+ pts, we're in trouble. Our D will have to win this one for us, like they did vs Clemson in 2014. The way Woody's boys are generating TOs, that's not out of the realm of possibility!
True about us having time to prepare. Keeping my fingers crossed that we can play a " clean " game on offense.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Um, I was referring to the 2018 version of VPI. The team we're playing on Thursday, not the one we played 2 years ago.

Um, that wasn’t clear. When you said “Foster always shuts that down.”, I thought you meant “Foster always shuts that down.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Um, that wasn’t clear. When you said “Foster always shuts that down.”, I thought you meant “Foster always shuts that down.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

we didn't roll 'em in 2016 either. Like you said, TOs were the difference. A nice victory but nothing more than 32 QB Keepers that avg'd 3 YPC.

But yeah, Foster always shuts ol' predictable CPJ down.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
They give up 295 yards a game through the air, but only 123 on the ground. Games like this are why we need to be able to throw the football.

A lot of teams they have played use throws behind the line of scrimmage in space. They get counted as passes.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
I am just so tired of seeing a one dimensional offense that if CPJ trots the same old plays out again and agin, I am sure I will fall asleep or change channels. If he actually tried something really different, he would win my support back even if it failed.
You would've hated Vince Lombardi's Green Bay Packers!