Tough to be a jacket fan

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
As I stated in another post, if things had worked out as planned....Mathew Jordan would be our starter. Dedrick Mills and Marcus Marshal would be co-Bbacks. Abacks would have been Lynch, Searcy, Benson, Cotrell, with Ta Quon being the back up or an Aback. Think about that a minute.
As a friend of mine always says - " If ands and buts were candy and nuts ........" Sigh .....:censored::censored::shy::shy:

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I don't get how a Jackets fan could bet against their own team. Maybe for, but not against. There are oodles of games to bet on. Besides that, we're so unpredictable.

If you bet against us, do you want us to do poorly so you will win your bet? I know, you'll say, "What will be will be no matter who I bet on". But I just couldn't do it.

As I stated in another post, if things had worked out as planned....Mathew Jordan would be our starter. Dedrick Mills and Marcus Marshal would be co-Bbacks. Abacks would have been Lynch, Searcy, Benson, Cotrell, with Ta Quon being the back up or an Aback. Think about that a minute.

Not sure it would've mattered behind this OL though.

I still think that giving Bud Foster extra time to prepare for a TQM led offense ( minimal passing ) is more than we can overcome. VT will cover easily.
And yes , I remember what MJ did in 2016 , and Foster will too.

Yeah but we've also had extra time to prepare for a backup-QB-led VPI offense.

Honestly, the TQM offense is not the 2014 or 2009 offense thus isn't that tough to prepare for. Be ready for a ton of FB dives and QB Keepers. Play man coverage and put the other 8 in the box. So far, we've not shown any ability to beat anyone via the pass.

I think if VPI scores 17+ pts, we're in trouble. Our D will have to win this one for us, like they did vs Clemson in 2014. The way Woody's boys are generating TOs, that's not out of the realm of possibility!

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I am just so tired of seeing a one dimensional offense that if CPJ trots the same old plays out again and agin, I am sure I will fall asleep or change channels. If he actually tried something really different, he would win my support back even if it failed.

I am just so tired of seeing a one dimensional offense that if CPJ trots the same old plays out again and agin, I am sure I will fall asleep or change channels. If he actually tried something really different, he would win my support back even if it failed.

lowly ODU gave us the blueprint a month ago on how to beat VPI. The ODU QB's stat line says it all:

Blake LaRussa 30/49 for 495 yds & 4 TDs.

We will not beat them running the same series of FB Dives and QB Option Keeper plays. Foster always shuts that down. Think back to last year. Running game was destroyed but we won because of 2 Post Bomb plays.

You gotta pass it to beat VPI. We've had 2 weeks to prepare so the excuses should be minimal.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
lowly ODU gave us the blueprint a month ago on how to beat VPI. The ODU QB's stat line says it all:

Blake LaRussa 30/49 for 495 yds & 4 TDs.

We will not beat them running the same series of FB Dives and QB Option Keeper plays. Foster always shuts that down. Think back to last year. Running game was destroyed but we won because of 2 Post Bomb plays.

You gotta pass it to beat VPI. We've had 2 weeks to prepare so the excuses should be minimal.

In 2016, we were 2 for 7 and 34 yards in our passing game (with a backup
QB). Turnovers dictated that game.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/boxscores/2016-11-12-virginia-tech.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
That makes my head hurt. Or my heart. Damn

LibertyTurns

Banned
I don't get how a Jackets fan could bet against their own team. Maybe for, but not against. There are oodles of games to bet on. Besides that, we're so unpredictable.

If you bet against us, do you want us to do poorly so you will win your bet? I know, you'll say, "What will be will be no matter who I bet on". But I just couldn't do it.
I bet the solo UNC fan on my staff every game we play against each other. GT wins, I lose and buy him lunch.

GTJoeBrew

Helluva Engineer
You mean Lucas Johnson? Oh what could have been. I would really like to see what he can do healthy. Hopefully he doesn't spend his college days on the IR.

Deleted member 2897

As you all know, I try to be a relentless Georgia Tech fan. But if it were me being the bookie, @ Virginia Tech on a Thursday night with that history of non-Saturdays, I would say Virginia Tech by 9...something like 32-23. Of course, I am hoping for something much different, but we've only won 1 single road game since 2016 and that was against Louisville, who is one of the worst football teams in FBS.