Top 5 Looking for in camp

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
some of the problems on DEF come from the fact some guys are not FUNDAMENTALLY sound in hi school and can't change
I've seen several tapes of our recruits that DON"T know how to tackle well-how to get under control and deliver blow and wrap-up.I see a LOT of arm grabbing and "slinging".It can be ok in hi school with smaller/weaker players but D1 guys don't go down with that crap.
So even when they get in position ,they miss tackle.
I really believe PJ Davis was the only really good tackler here in the last 4 yrs and I could see it from his Fr yr.

Fwiw, arm tackling etc often occurs because defender was out of position -- which could arise from scheme

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
Roof said the weakside 4-2-5 was Vic and TLewis, in no order.

If I heard right, Bruce JS was not listed at the other spots, so may be repping at MLB.
I didn't hear him say in no order. He also said Lewis and Curry were battling for the other spot. I think Vic is ahead but that's just my speculation based on last year's substitution patterns that I observed. He mentioned Victor first fwiw. Also Brashear, Henderson and TD and one other name I couldn't make out, probably a walk on. Whoever wins that spot has big shoes to fill.

he was pretty clear when he said don't look for freshmen to be the reason for the success of the team this year

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
I didn't hear him say in no order. He also said Lewis and Curry were battling for the other spot. I think Vic is ahead but that's just my speculation based on last year's substitution patterns that I observed. He mentioned Victor first fwiw. Also Brashear, Henderson and TD and one other name I couldn't make out, probably a walk on. Whoever wins that spot has big shoes to fill.

he was pretty clear when he said don't look for freshmen to be the reason for the success of the team this year

Other LB he mentioned was Chris Dandaneau#53 a walk-on. At MLB he mentioned Jackson and Cooksey. I did not hear B Swilling mentioned.