Tom Luginbill...

northgajacket

Banned
Bowl game?? Luginbill quarterbacked GT to a 1-11 season and was never heard from again. Who or what are you talking about?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And that one win was against Western Carolina, so no wins against Division 1-A opponents. Worse season since 1981 (but at least in 1981 Tech beat Bama)

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
Bowl game?? Luginbill quarterbacked GT to a 1-11 season and was never heard from again. Who or what are you talking about?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1-10. Back then, bowl game made the 11th game for conferences without a conf championship game.

65Jacket

GT Athlete
Luginbill was a puppet from my view as a fan. The team was split apart because B... L... chose to play him. In all honesty, I thought he looked better than Davis in pre season practice. I was not a player, so they know more about him as a teammate. Maybe he was ajerk, but when the Coach names you as the starter, you play. Based on his experience, I can understand it if he hates GT.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
I've told the story b4 but might as well again. Good friend of mine had classes with him and Veritec. Said luginbitch was a prima dona and wouldn't even sit up during lectures. Laid down with his head in his girlfriend's lap during. I didn't go to Tech but not many of my profs would have put up with that.

He said Veritec on the other hand was a great guy and team member on group projects.

I'm gonna bet Lugey never even graduated.

You mean never graduated from GT? Think he transferred so that would be correct if I understand you.

T Lug was at GT due to his dad working with / being friends with BL. That is the problem, not TL

The bigger problem was Homer Rice hiring BL Homer had this thing about hiring guys that had HC experience, whether they were the most qualified or not. Could have hired Fridge or G'OL after Boss Ross left.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
By business partner played for Woody Hayes. He told me the first day of freshmen practice, Woody gathered them together and told them if they were there so the could play in the NFL, that they should leave.....That they should be there because the lived playing.
I guess my point is, no one is actually going to actually say they aren't good enough for the NFL. It's like an NBA player saying they couldn't beat Michael Jordan one on one. Or a boxer saying they have no chance at beating Tyson but they're they to have fun. I would hope most football players are there to have fun and just play, but admitting you're not good enough is not something you're gonna see much of.

I never actually got the hate for Luginbill. Can't recall anything he ever did wrong. Well, except for that one pass in the bowl game that he wasn't supposed to make. But he's far from the only guy to do that.
Tommy boy came to Tech and split this team apart. He and the arse hat that brought him to Tech. They go down to me as the darkest days in Tech football. Coming off a NC season to see that BS unfold. Completely unfair to ALL Tech fans.

00Burdell

Helluva Engineer
Tommy boy came to Tech and split this team apart. He and the arse hat that brought him to Tech. They go down to me as the darkest days in Tech football. Coming off a NC season to see that BS unfold. Completely unfair to ALL Tech fans.
I pretty much hold B*** L**** responsible for that. I understand the general source of the problem (TL vs DD w/ racial overtones) but I thought the problem really blew up when TL was given the starting job. A bad decision to be sure but I never heard anything about TL throwing gas on the fire. Just doing what he was told. But that was pre-message board so I'm sure there was more going on than we knew about.

RedPete

Ramblin' Wreck
See this is exactly what I'm talking about. Luginbill's presence on ESPN stirs-up all these bad memories that we wouldn't even be talking about otherwise! The original post wasn't even about TL really, but now we're all in here reliving the darkest period of Tech football that most of us can remember. Smh. Next up: ESPN gives Ryan Leaf his own show as a special insult to injury "gift" to San Diego fans.

I pretty much hold B*** L**** responsible for that. I understand the general source of the problem (TL vs DD w/ racial overtones) but I thought the problem really blew up when TL was given the starting job. A bad decision to be sure but I never heard anything about TL throwing gas on the fire. Just doing what he was told. But that was pre-message board so I'm sure there was more going on than we knew about.
He got his nose busted in a locker room brawl. You're right BL recruited him, but tommy boy didn't try hard to fit in. He was a grade A ahole while he was fing up the program.

Lawyer mark

Jolly Good Fellow
Funny, I had a football autographed by b.l. When I was a kid and shortly after securing autograph I realized I didn't want it so it became a football to use.

Read wiki profile on him. They flat out say how it went at tech.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
So somebody explain to a Luginbill neophyte exactly what he said that was so bad, or wrong. If there was a problem it seems to me that it was going on the air to "report" Basil Fawlty's triumph of the bleeding obvious.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
So somebody explain to a Luginbill neophyte exactly what he said that was so bad, or wrong. If there was a problem it seems to me that it was going on the air to "report" Basil Fawlty's triumph of the bleeding obvious.

If anything, we ought to use what Luginbill said to our advantage. Use that to sell the kids that you might go to the NFL, but if you graduate from Tech, you will create your own future. It would have been great if he had used Tech as an example and the guys he played with not going pro but going to other, great careers. Yeah, I know, I ask for a lot.