Today’s the day for Paul Johnson and Ralph Friedgen

Eli

Helluva Engineer
Ibe played for him i don't think he's ever said Johnson was mediocre i think he's said the results were over time the same as they were with chan which many believed were mediocre. I disagree with that myself, but johnsons does have a couple losing seasons chan never did. chan also never won 11 games.
Or beat UGA and scored 6 points against wake with Tashard and the best player in Tech history

Randy Carson

Helluva Engineer
It's a d@mn shame GT still hasn't brought CPJ back to honor him for his time at GT. Now that he's being inducted into the CHOF, there's a good reason to. Hope Batt and Cabrera rectify that in the next year or two.
I think it would have been an insult to bring him back in the past three years given all the negative talk that went on about how difficult the transition was for TFG.

Now that HCBK is at the helm, I think more respect will be shown. Seems fitting to do it this coming season. Maybe at homecoming?

ThatGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
I agree that Richt's record is good, but my question is what has he won? He's 11-7 in bowls as a HC, his national championships were as an OC, and he only won two conference championships as a HC. Multiple conference COYs, one national COY, but no other notable hardware. He did put players in the NFL which does help, but I'm not convinced he did enough.

He won 2 national championships almost every year at UGA.

(The national championship in recruiting and the preseason national championship.) ;)

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
It's a d@mn shame GT still hasn't brought CPJ back to honor him for his time at GT. Now that he's being inducted into the CHOF, there's a good reason to. Hope Batt and Cabrera rectify that in the next year or two.
I think the biggest obstacle to that is sitting on his pile of $11 million at home, waiting for Matt Rhule to call.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
And the next home after that they should bring Collins back and let us throw water balloons at him. Thinking about it they could sell tickets for $10 each to throw a water balloon at Collins.