Time for a player's only meeting

BainbridgeJacket

Helluva Engineer
Locker room leaders need to decide what we're going to be playing for the rest of the season and refocus the team. Work harder than anyone else every practice and the chips will fall more favorably. Heads up.

DC Bee

Ramblin' Wreck
If they have the meeting, will they then do a unique GT routine before warm-ups exercises? i.e. "We are the Jackets, the mighty, mighty Jackets...Hoo, hah"

Techster

Helluva Engineer
If the senior guys don't step up soon, they will quickly be replaced by the freshmen and sophomores because the staff will want to develop the talent coming back next year. Sounds cold, but that's the reality. May see guys like AJ Gray, Marcus Marshall, Brant Mitchell, Will Bryant, Trey Klock...etc, see even more time.

I think CPJ knows he has JeT for one more year, and he may not get another QB like him for a while. If our upper classmen don't get it together, then the staff may take it out of their hands altogether to make a run with JeT in 2016.

Declinometer

Banned
If the senior guys don't step up soon, they will quickly be replaced by the freshmen and sophomores because the staff will want to develop the talent coming back next year. Sounds cold, but that's the reality. May see guys like AJ Gray, Marcus Marshall, Brant Mitchell, Will Bryant, Trey Klock...etc, see even more time.

I think CPJ knows he has JeT for one more year, and he may not get another QB like him for a while. If our upper classmen don't get it together, then the staff may take it out of their hands altogether to make a run with JeT in 2016.
There are plenty of JTs out there.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer

I agree and hope that happens. Bench all the seniors that have played poorly and not shown senior leadership off the field. You only earn playing time by your play. Their play is abysmal.

Secondly, we have a bunch of nice kids. They defer by nature. We need someone to step the hell up and be a leader. Not be nice and be willing to yell at a friend and teammate once and a while.

CHE90

Jolly Good Fellow
There are plenty of JTs out there.
True. There's just not many JTs who come to Tech to run the triple option offense. Most go to a factory to become a defensive back. In fact that's what JT was slated to do before he came to his senses!

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Trust me! There are better. Yall are just going by what you hv seen here at Tech.
Thomas would hv been a grosslly undersized DB in the SEC

Yeah, Jalen Ramsey, Ezekial Elliot and others would look real good at QB for us. There's just a coupla problems with that notion ...

Sarcasm aside, I don't think I'm conveying my point effectively. Just because there could be better out there, that doesn't mean they'd ever be here.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
exactly, no true leaders on this team as I understand. They are good kids. they like each other. But no one has stepped up like Days/Shaq/Laskey did last year....
I don't think we were so stocked with vocal leaders last year. Days and Laskey were happy-go-lucky, not in-your-face type guys. Maybe Shaq was a little, I dunno. I just remember him leading by example and being the the guy we always followed when we needed that crucial yard and a half.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I don't think we were so stocked with vocal leaders last year. Days and Laskey were happy-go-lucky, not in-your-face type guys. Maybe Shaq was a little, I dunno. I just remember him leading by example and being the the guy we always followed when we needed that crucial yard and a half.

Yeah, although it did appear that Days was a vocal guy just from way outside looking in. To your point, it seems we had a lot of PTPers last year that made plays when they needed to be made. That hasn't really showed up this year.

I'm agreeing with you too much today. That and the Vitale reference mean I need a 30-minute self-ban.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer

I am not talking about just a yeller. But a leader who will get in your face and tell you thats wrong step up. It doesnt have to be a yell but it can be. And we DID have that last year. Shaq did it. Days and Zach did it. Smelter did it. Nealy on D was vocal.

From my view we have nothing on any end. Part youth. Part not their personality. Maybe other reasons.