Tim Byerly -Update

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
Has anyone heard anything about Errin Joe and if he was ever approved for another year of eligibility.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Don't these medical redshirts happen for SA's that haven't transferred to another school, get redshirted due to coach's decision. And then get injured early during a "playing year"?

B Lifsey

Helluva Engineer
The point was that Searcy probably won't be granted a Medical Waiver for this year (even though he was injured in the first half of the 3rd game) because his RS year was not due to injury, but "by choice." I wasn't talking about him having another three years, but another 4 years. There is precident for player who was injured in the 3rd game of the season to be granted a medical waiver for that lost year, i.e. Golden. However, since Searcy redshirted his first year by choice, he has almost no chance of regaining the year of eligibility.

Had Searcy lost his true freshman year due to an injury, there is a chance that he could have regained this year's eligibility.

Sorry...I was replying to @Skeptic post prior to yours about Searcy playing in 2013 when you slipped a reply in between.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
CPJ's last word from the article regarding the decision making of the NCAA. "I don’t know,” he said. “It depends on what day it is. It’s what it seems like sometimes."

No kidding. If the NCAA ever got consistent with anything my head might explode. Trash it and start over.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
One of the things I admire most about Byerly is his unwavering belief in himself. This is a guy who was Georgia's All Classification POY his senior year and got full ride to MTSU. If you followed his recruiting out of HS, you know he wanted to go to GT out of HS, but he was in the same class as Vad Lee and CPJ didn't have room for another QB. Instead of staying at MTSU, he believed in himself, transferred to GT and paid his own way to come here. He battled the other scholarship QBs, and eventually earned a full ride and became an important part of the team. Not once did he sulk sitting behind Vad or JeT, and not once did he bring unwanted attention to himself. He did everything the staff asked of him. He was a great representative of GT from the day he stepped on campus, and I have no doubt he will continue to be a great GT man wherever the road may take him.

Good luck in life, Tim Byerly!

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
I still wish he had scored last year after he hurdled the dude from NC State. Now that would have made SportsCenter.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
One of the things I admire most about Byerly is his unwavering belief in himself. This is a guy who was Georgia's All Classification POY his senior year and got full ride to MTSU. If you followed his recruiting out of HS, you know he wanted to go to GT out of HS, but he was in the same class as Vad Lee and CPJ didn't have room for another QB. Instead of staying at MTSU, he believed in himself, transferred to GT and paid his own way to come here. He battled the other scholarship QBs, and eventually earned a full ride and became an important part of the team. Not once did he sulk sitting behind Vad or JeT, and not once did he bring unwanted attention to himself. He did everything the staff asked of him. He was a great representative of GT from the day he stepped on campus, and I have no doubt he will continue to be a great GT man wherever the road may take him.

Good luck in life, Tim Byerly!
And what does he have to show for it??? Just a world class education and business contacts out the wazzoo. I'd put that up against many a so called institution of higher learning.