Tidbits from Media Days:

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
... 7- Saban was asked to pick the hardest position to recruit besides QB. He said QB. Without a QB you are not going to win regardless of talent elsewhere.
See GT for living proof. Without calling out anybody -- they did the best they could do and a lot of it was pretty good -- Johnson's offense never really prospered until 2014. Before somebody goes off, it was good, but not great. I was not alone in losing all hope if we were down by a score with three minutes left. But last season he got a QB who who could run his offense, and run it very well because he could run and throw the football and for the first time in seven years incorporated a two-minute offense. Previously half of Johnson's spread option collected dust. Many of us had not seen it though I recall stuff posted somewhere about what it was like with a Tracy Ham-like QB, and it was a revelation. I can't wait to see Thomas against Alcorn and Tulane, then again to compare November vs. September. If he has 2013-type growth, and Tech's defense gets competitive end-to-end, it will be a very good year and he cannot be excluded from the Heisman mix. (I think it was Boomer who noted he does not get any offensive credit for making the right option reads and pitches to move the team down the field. No other QB in the country, none of 'em, can say that.)

And when they start hitting, what is the over/under on him having the "Do not touch" jersey every day?

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Agree 100% on JT. I am hoping he improves as much this year as last. If LSU had a good QB, they would probably had several NC's over the past few years along with several other schools.