Tidbits from Media Days:

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
After watching two days, a few nuggets of interest:
1- GT picked Coastal champs by Media, but VT by ESPN.
2- 95% Coach Speak
3- Do not like format switching back and forth between conferences
4- Sehorn needs a real job
5- Who is the host that is a GT grad? Never caught his name
6- CMR said the state of GA has more D1 talent than Florida
7- Saban was asked to pick the hardest position to recruit besides QB. He said QB. Without a QB you are not going to win regardless of talent elsewhere.
8- Every team in the nation worked hard all year and has lots of talent. Trouble is, half the teams will have a loss after week one.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
5 - chris cotter without seeing the show. He used to tailgate next to me back in the early 2000s...IIRC he is a GT grad

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
Luginbill was here for one year under Bill Lewis, the cat that quickly ran the program in the ground coming off the 1990 NC. He doesn't claim us, as I understand.

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
After watching two days, a few nuggets of interest:
1- GT picked Coastal champs by Media, but VT by ESPN.
2- 95% Coach Speak
3- Do not like format switching back and forth between conferences
4- Sehorn needs a real job
5- Who is the host that is a GT grad? Never caught his name
6- CMR said the state of GA has more D1 talent than Florida
7- Saban was asked to pick the hardest position to recruit besides QB. He said QB. Without a QB you are not going to win regardless of talent elsewhere.
8- Every team in the nation worked hard all year and has lots of talent. Trouble is, half the teams will have a loss after week one.

On #7 -that is ESPECIALLY true for our Off,--I sure wish Ratliffe hadn't gotten hurt,that might turn out to really hurt us

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Couple of more:
CPJ sat next to Cutcliffe in the group picture.
Beamer looked terrible and talked like he wasn't really there.
Cutcliffe has lost a bunch of weight
UNC returns a bunch of starters. Good news or bad?
Bunch of QBs returning in the ACC.

Declinometer

Banned
Couple of more:
CPJ sat next to Cutcliffe in the group picture.
Beamer looked terrible and talked like he wasn't really there.
Cutcliffe has lost a bunch of weight
UNC returns a bunch of starters. Good news or bad?
Bunch of QBs returning in the ACC.
Wow! Went and watched Beamers interview at acc.com and it kind of made me sad.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
With UNC the Old Gray Head manager's warning applies: Are they starters with three years experience, or starters with one year of experience three times? History doesn't lie.
I will share with you what my NC neighbors and friends say about their team. There is optimism about the offense and hope about the defense. Most of these people blame coaching for the flaws in defense. Thinking about this, I see it as being similar to our feelings about Groh. That being the case, they are at least a year away. But, Marquis Williams is ready to have a Heisman year.

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
I can't believe they got him to put the jacket on and play along with that "Play by Play" deal.

Might be one of the goofiest things I've seen him do since this gem in El Paso when the ambassadors got him to don a sombrero and sing along.

paul-johnson-sings-in-a-sombrero.0.jpg