Thumping my own chest!!

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
Most of you guys have much more knowledge of football than I!! That's for certain! But for once I bring to your undivided attention that I first stated on this here board that # 1 That JT was a 4 star DB which Alabama was his first choice; But for Ga. Tech a 5 star QB. Which was stated well before the season kicked off! # 2 As our season was about half way through I stated that our fans were going to be amazed at our depth chart for next year!! These two assumptions by me have become the truth! Now throw in the 2014 season, and we have the MOST EXCITEMENT among the largest percentage of our fan base since when fans? Speak up with your thought on when and just how enthusiastic you are. If anyone wants put up a chart on when feel free. I for one am the most excited in my 59 years of loving Ga. Tech!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GlennW

Helluva Engineer
Most of you guys have much more knowledge of football than I!! That's for certain! But for once I bring to your undivided attention that I first stated on this here board that # 1 That JT was a 4 star DB which Alabama was his first choice; But for Ga. Tech a 5 star QB. Which was stated well before the season kicked off! # 2 As our season was about half way through I stated that our fans were going to be amazed at our depth chart for next year!! These two assumptions by me have become the truth! Now throw in the 2014 season, and we have the MOST EXCITEMENT among the largest percentage of our fan base since when fans? Speak up with your thought on when and just how enthusiastic you are. If anyone wants put up a chart on when feel free. I for one am the most excited in my 59 years of loving Ga. Tech!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't dislocate your shoulder (patting yourself on your own back). Believe it or not, MANY of us predicted the Jackets would have a better season than most predicted LAST season, albeit few predicted an 11 win season (for example, I predicted 10 and said 2014 would be the springboard for 2015 to have a chance for a National Championship run).

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
Don't dislocate your shoulder (patting yourself on your own back). Believe it or not, MANY of us predicted the Jackets would have a better season than most predicted LAST season, albeit few predicted an 11 win season (for example, I predicted 10 and said 2014 would be the springboard for 2015 to have a chance for a National Championship run).
Sorry Glenn ; but you misread the message. I did not predict the won- loss record!

Essobee

Jolly Good Fellow
No question that a very talented JT was on the exact same page with all his senior backs, our senior receivers, and a very exceptional senior lineman. With that going for us, the rest of the offense just naturally fell into place and they all clicked along like a well-tuned engine. Next year will feature different players, some of which will be young. Hopefully, no prima donnas will sneak their way into the mix and we can have a repeat of 2014. Fingers crossed. :watching:

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
No question that a very talented JT was on the exact same page with all his senior backs, our senior receivers, and a very exceptional senior lineman. With that going for us, the rest of the offense just naturally fell into place and they all clicked along like a well-tuned engine. Next year will feature different players, some of which will be young. Hopefully, no prima donnas will sneak their way into the mix and we can have a repeat of 2014. Fingers crossed. :watching:
Not but one sr. of. lineman!

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
I gotta admit,we were sure better than I had thought--esp the Oline
I also wrote preseason that with the trouble Chamberlain had in 2013 that he was only a soph. That's what was said back the long ago past when fr. were not eligible! People would say they need experience. Now look see at Mr. Chamberlain. Wow and Joe!!

DC Bee

Ramblin' Wreck
I have to admit that I've never been this enthusiastic about the upcoming season since 1991. That was disappointing. The bar has been set very high and the team probably knows this. I'm also sure they're well aware of how difficult the upcoming season is going to be. I think GT is going to continue to play tough and it's going to be fun.

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
I have to admit that I've never been this enthusiastic about the upcoming season since 1991. That was disappointing. The bar has been set very high and the team probably knows this. I'm also sure they're well aware of how difficult the upcoming season is going to be. I think GT is going to continue to play tough and it's going to be fun.
tHANK YOU FOR YOUR RESPONSE!!

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Hanging out a bit much at Starbucks these days?

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Looking across the league, we have more returning than most, this on the heels of an 11 win season. It especially bodes well when your QB is electric and gaining experience behind a very mature and effective OL. The question for me is, once again, the DL, though, I have to say, I am less worried than I was last season. I don't like looking too far ahead, but the signs are pointing in the right direction. There is continuity in the staff and an impressive looking class coming in as well. Thanks Jayparr!

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
Looking across the league, we have more returning than most, this on the heels of an 11 win season. It especially bodes well when your QB is electric and gaining experience behind a very mature and effective OL. The question for me is, once again, the DL, though, I have to say, I am less worried than I was last season. I don't like looking too far ahead, but the signs are pointing in the right direction. There is continuity in the staff and an impressive looking class coming in as well. Thanks Jayparr!
Most welcome. Boomer, my daddy told me in aug. of 1978 that he thought Tech with Eddie Lee was going to have a great year. And he was looking forward to that season more than ever. Well he died Aug. 22 that year. I got that same feeling for this year. My dad was 57 yrs old in 78. Now I am 68. Not that my days are numbered, but you never know when you are at a certain time in your life. I love Ga Tech football more than ever! And it is CPJ, his system, CTR, and the players with such unity of togetherness, and of course JT. I think 2015 will be a good year of 9 to 11 wins. But man the year of 2016. The nation better look out!!! I just hope I am still around. Boomer, I believe you are the one who really got this expertise of football knowledge going on this board. You other guys don't think I am not appreciative of yall's expertise also. I could name about 15 others that I admire. Between this board and the GREAT MEN of GA TECH you all mean so much to an OLD man. Though I still am working in law enforcement. So much for the ramblings! It's probably in the words of the Piano Man "old man sitting at the bar making love to his tonic and gin! For what ever it's worth- so lah.

PBR549

Ramblin' Wreck
I am as excited as I have ever been in my 40+ years as a Tech fan for this season and seasons to come. Thanks jayparr.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Most welcome. Boomer, my daddy told me in aug. of 1978 that he thought Tech with Eddie Lee was going to have a great year. And he was looking forward to that season more than ever. Well he died Aug. 22 that year. I got that same feeling for this year. My dad was 57 yrs old in 78. Now I am 68. Not that my days are numbered, but you never know when you are at a certain time in your life. I love Ga Tech football more than ever! And it is CPJ, his system, CTR, and the players with such unity of togetherness, and of course JT. I think 2015 will be a good year of 9 to 11 wins. But man the year of 2016. The nation better look out!!! I just hope I am still around. Boomer, I believe you are the one who really got this expertise of football knowledge going on this board. You other guys don't think I am not appreciative of yall's expertise also. I could name about 15 others that I admire. Between this board and the GREAT MEN of GA TECH you all mean so much to an OLD man. Though I still am working in law enforcement. So much for the ramblings! It's probably in the words of the Piano Man "old man sitting at the bar making love to his tonic and gin! For what ever it's worth- so lah.
Thanks for the comments. I think you give me too much credit. But I agree in the sense that there are a lot of pretty knowledgeable football fans participating on this board. I gotta throw Cheese some credit. He directed me here after I got fed up with another sight a couple years ago. I never would have discovered it otherwise. It is the sum whole of the members that make this place great. You are one of them.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Jayparr, sounds like that tonic and gin is lovin' you right back! ;)

Thanks for the jolt of unbridled fandom, personally, I love it! Sometimes we get too bogged down in the minutia to sit back and appreciate how lucky we are to have all this.