Thoughts on Simple Change for Recruiting Visits

alagold

Helluva Engineer
When I see a recruit write “Georgia Tech University”, I immediately think that they aren’t coming to GT. My thought is that if someone offered me something of high value that I really wanted, I’d get the name right. I wouldn’t call a Ford a Fork, in other words.

Before someone goes through the hassle of posting tweets showing me I’m wrong, I will go ahead and concede that there are examples of recruits that write GTU and come here anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with you but NOT many get name wrong and come here.

slugboy

Staff member
If someone is interested in coming here for an education, I’d rather we make them feel welcome and part of the family instead of stupid.
After a week here, they’ll say Georgia Tech. No need to call them out on Twitter.
And no matter where you go, even if you go somewhere else and major in parks and recreation, you’ll have days where you feel stupid. Let’s not make it the day you get an offer from GT (or GTU [emoji6])

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
If someone is interested in coming here for an education, I’d rather we make them feel welcome and part of the family instead of stupid.
After a week here, they’ll say Georgia Tech. No need to call them out on Twitter.
And no matter where you go, even if you go somewhere else and major in parks and recreation, you’ll have days where you feel stupid. Let’s not make it the day you get an offer from GT (or GTU [emoji6])

I hate that people get called out on social media for anything. My personal rule is to not say anything online that I wouldn’t say to somebody’s face. But I’m an old fart and I still remember life before the internet.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
When I see a recruit write “Georgia Tech University”, I immediately think that they aren’t coming to GT. My thought is that if someone offered me something of high value that I really wanted, I’d get the name right. I wouldn’t call a Ford a Fork, in other words.

Before someone goes through the hassle of posting tweets showing me I’m wrong, I will go ahead and concede that there are examples of recruits that write GTU and come here anyway.

I agree with you. I don't have any desire to go on Twitter and tell people they have our name wrong, but I cannot imagine committing to going to a school without having religiously researched it. I realize that is a personality thing for me, but agreeing to attend a college that you aren't aware of the name seems crazy to me personally.