Thoughts on Simple Change for Recruiting Visits

MGTfan

Ramblin' Wreck
I thought about this during last season and curious to know what the rest of you think.

When Tech has recruits on campus on gameday, we obviously want them to have the best experience possible in every aspect. Some of this isn't really in our control, such as the quality of the game or how well we play. If Tech had complete control over that, then Tech would just win every game and not worry about recruiting.

One thing Tech does have control over is where the recruits sit during the game. So my question is: Why do we sit them in the endzone with the sun shining directly on them we we could move them to the other endzone that is in the shade?

With as many noon kickoffs as we get and as hot as some of those games are, there's no way some of the recruits and their parents aren't sitting there complaining about how hot it is. Should this impact what school they choose? No. But if they are sitting there brining up during the game in 90 degree weather, it has to have some sort of negative impact on their experience. Tech should be doing everything in their power for every aspect of the trip to be a positive experience.

I am in no way claiming that all we have to do is put recruits in the shade and 5-starts are going to flock to Tech, but seems like we should be doing everything, even the little things, to improve their visit.

Thoughts?

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I thought about this during last season and curious to know what the rest of you think.

When Tech has recruits on campus on gameday, we obviously want them to have the best experience possible in every aspect. Some of this isn't really in our control, such as the quality of the game or how well we play. If Tech had complete control over that, then Tech would just win every game and not worry about recruiting.

One thing Tech does have control over is where the recruits sit during the game. So my question is: Why do we sit them in the endzone with the sun shining directly on them we we could move them to the other endzone that is in the shade?

With as many noon kickoffs as we get and as hot as some of those games are, there's no way some of the recruits and their parents aren't sitting there complaining about how hot it is. Should this impact what school they choose? No. But if they are sitting there brining up during the game in 90 degree weather, it has to have some sort of negative impact on their experience. Tech should be doing everything in their power for every aspect of the trip to be a positive experience.

I am in no way claiming that all we have to do is put recruits in the shade and 5-starts are going to flock to Tech, but seems like we should be doing everything, even the little things, to improve their visit.

Thoughts?

Put them in the student section where it seems more exciting.

smathis30

Ramblin' Wreck
Other end zone is block seating and swarm student section which the most reliable section of 100% GT fan seating in the entire stadium. End zone they are in is up-for-grabs student seating, and sun isn't an issue if it isn't a noon game :)

swarmer

Ramblin' Wreck

Thoughts?
North endzone is the home endzone. Band, locker rooms, coaches offices, view of scoreboard etc. Seems pretty cut and dry to not sit them by the visiting band.

MGTfan

Ramblin' Wreck
Other end zone is block seating and swarm student section which the most reliable section of 100% GT fan seating in the entire stadium. End zone they are in is up-for-grabs student seating, and sun isn't an issue if it isn't a noon game :)

If it's not a noon game. That's a big if.

sc jacket 22

Jolly Good Fellow
upload_2018-12-10_21-12-46.png

Here’s a suggested change... can we please STOP correcting recruits when they call us GTU?!

Attachments

• upload_2018-12-10_21-12-46.jpeg
    upload_2018-12-10_21-12-46.jpeg
    138.5 KB · Views: 38

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
I can think of a couple of reasons to put them on the North side. On the South side, they would be next to the South student section, but close to the visiting fans and band. On the North side, they are next to the North student section, the GT Band, and most around them are GT fans. If they sit in the South end zone, they will see the mostly empty Upper North.

VintageWreck

Jolly Good Fellow
My season tix are section 110, lower West, above the aisle. For many years, I have watched recruits traverse to and from section 111, lower West, below the aisle. GT hosts as well. Adjacent and West of the North end zone, and the band. Always thought, great seats for recruits!

The original poster did not state the recruits were in the South end zone. But, replies implied so. Early in the Fall season, the North and South end zones receive approximate, equal sun from the West. Later Fall, more sun in the North end zone.

Memory is iffy. Have they changed this? Or is my memory incorrect?? If correct, when did they change this?

Thanks!

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
My season tix are section 110, lower West, above the aisle. For many years, I have watched recruits traverse to and from section 111, lower West, below the aisle. GT hosts as well. Adjacent and West of the North end zone, and the band. Always thought, great seats for recruits!

The original poster did not state the recruits were in the South end zone. But, replies implied so. Early in the Fall season, the North and South end zones receive approximate, equal sun from the West. Later Fall, more sun in the North end zone.

Memory is iffy. Have they changed this? Or is my memory incorrect?? If correct, when did they change this?

Thanks!

I took the OP as suggesting that we move the recruits from the North to the South. I gave a couple of reasons that I think the South isn't a good idea.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Wish somebody had told him the name of the school before he accepted.

When I see a recruit write “Georgia Tech University”, I immediately think that they aren’t coming to GT. My thought is that if someone offered me something of high value that I really wanted, I’d get the name right. I wouldn’t call a Ford a Fork, in other words.

Before someone goes through the hassle of posting tweets showing me I’m wrong, I will go ahead and concede that there are examples of recruits that write GTU and come here anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk