Thoughts from ND on Y'all.

Irish Jacky

Georgia Tech Fan
This from Bruno95 over at NDNation lamenting all the hang-dog attitudes in the ND community over this game. I agree with him 100%. I sincerely think you're going to be brought back down to earth on Saturday.

The other team is Georgia Tech, correct? The team with two conference title belts since the end of the Truman era?

I understand their Frank Leahy is Bobby Dodd. Our Frank Leahy lost 11 games at ND. Their Frank Leahy had a .700 winning percentage. That's Kelly's winning percentage at ND.

Their fans are wondering if Johnson will be content to just win big, or if he'll want to punish Van Gorder with a bloodbath. This is the same coach who lost to Duke and barely beat Georgia Southern last year. He's a good coach. He's won ten or more games three different times, in 13 years. Which Kelly did in three years, at Cincinnati.

I understand they're excited to be in the top 20, but perhaps Tulane and Alcorn State were insufficient training for a hike at this altitude.

What's our excuse, though? ND's a top ten team, playing at home, with about 200 collective starts among its defensive players. One of whom is Jaylon Smith, whose play so far this year puts him in danger of being shot by a Minnesota dentist. To quote the entire Ron Swanson Pawnee Rangers Handbook: Be a Man.

As for Georgia Tech, their impertinence grates, and I think they're about to get their *** beat.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Now, that is what we need. More bulletin board material. Thank you, sir!!

The more you tell our team what they cannot do, the better, because that is when they are the most dangerous.

I will agree that if your future "NFL" guys want to fight and scrap and sacrifice, this game will be very, very difficult, but most do not enjoy this brand of football, and they get overly concerned with their $$ future.

00Burdell

Helluva Engineer
I remember Irish Jacky. He was on the bus trip back to the airport after our last visit to Notre Dame in 2007. Well, maybe it wasn't Jacky - all the Notre Dame fans looked alike after that game - despondent, crushed, shellshocked - looked like a parade of souls heading down the highway to eternal damnation.

You remember that year right? We won 33-3. Oh, that was also the year Navy broke a 43-year long losing streak to Notre Dame. If only I could remember who Navy's coach was that year.... oh. yeah... Paul Johnson.

Get ready for some penance, Jacky.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
Maybe Bruno can go ask Clemson, Georgia and Mississippi State what they thought going into their games with CPJ and the Jackets.

Notre Dame has had less than a handful of relevant seasons since their last national championship. They went 10-1 one year with Kevin McDougal at QB, losing to a last second field goal by Boston College. At home. (By David Gordon, just after Pete Bercich had a possible game-ending INT slip through his hands. But I digress). They went to the Gator Bowl one year and got ... oh yeah, beat by Georgia Tech. Then they went to the BCS title game after going through a very tough schedule, only to have Saban coach circles around Brian Kelly.
If dude wants to compare Kelly's record to PJ's, PJ won at Navy. Navy. Neither is Cincinnati playing in the ACC against Clemson, FSU and Miami every year.
Ugh.

TheTaxJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
How many conference titles does ND have? Right...join a conference first then talk.

Secondly, I like how that guy focused on GA Southern and Duke but conveniently didn't mention Clemson, UGA, Miss State and taking FSU to the ropes.

I think the ND fanbase are the ones who will be brought back to earth on Saturday not the other way around.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
Maybe the hang-down attitude is from the part of your fan base that actually pays attention to college football and doesn't have their head up their a** !

Georgia Southern = Navy, you remember that Navy team you hammered 49-39
Duke lost to Arizona State in the bowl game by 5 pts, you remember that ASU team that squeaked by ND by 24 pts last year

Oh and you forgot to mention all of your 5* recruits ...

Impertinence grates ... tell us about it !!

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
How many conference titles does ND have? Right...join a conference first then talk.

Secondly, I like how that guy focused on GA Southern and Duke but conveniently didn't mention Clemson, UGA, Miss State and taking FSU to the ropes.

I think the ND fanbase are the ones who will be brought back to earth on Saturday not the other way around.
Imagine how we would feel if we gave up 43 points at home to a team that didn't even make a bowl game

DC Bee

Ramblin' Wreck
We only care what ND fans think purely for entertainment value. Those who don't watch GT games wouldn't know anything about the transformation the team went through last year. We've heard all this very same crap and criticism for years.

We have no reason to believe you and the rest of your smug ND ilk won't be the next in line to be absolutely dismayed when GT plays like a team possessed and on a mission as it smokes your heroes on the field. ND thinks its defense is better than the ones fielded by Clemson, UGA, F$U, or MSU last year? Based upon what, exactly? We believe this year's GT team may be as good if not better than last year.

Enough talk. Line up and play damnit so everyone will know who is the pretender and who is the contender.

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
I'm not taking this bait. Our last 9 games, we are 8-1, scoring touchdowns on something crazy like 55% of our drives. This is against the likes of UGA, FSU, Clemson, and Miss St, etc.

If Notre Dame can find a way to keep us from scoring less that 35 points, they MIGHT win the game. I just don't see us scoring less than that. I don't think ND's defense is as good as UGA's and is nowhere close to Clemson's defense last year.