Thoughts from ND on Y'all.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
I would be embarrassed if I was a Notre dame fan! Haven't had success since Lou Holtz and went through some great coaches like Charlie and Ty. Fired a coach that would have put the past four coaches to shame. George O'Leary would have won at least two NC's , not played and got slapped around like a JV team against the Tide. Not much to boast about lately, HUH?

Sean311

Helluva Engineer
Thanks Irish Jacky I agree with everything you said. Yall must be very worried about this game lol.

DC Bee

Ramblin' Wreck
Right, wrong, or indifferent, whether they deserved to be there or not, ND did play for the championship recently. I'd say that's some success. So, the question becomes is it better to win the OB or lose in the NCG? I say winning the OB.

JacketintheBend

Georgia Tech Fan
This from Bruno95 over at NDNation lamenting all the hang-dog attitudes in the ND community over this game. I agree with him 100%. I sincerely think you're going to be brought back down to earth on Saturday.

The other team is Georgia Tech, correct? The team with two conference title belts since the end of the Truman era?

I understand their Frank Leahy is Bobby Dodd. Our Frank Leahy lost 11 games at ND. Their Frank Leahy had a .700 winning percentage. That's Kelly's winning percentage at ND.

Their fans are wondering if Johnson will be content to just win big, or if he'll want to punish Van Gorder with a bloodbath. This is the same coach who lost to Duke and barely beat Georgia Southern last year. He's a good coach. He's won ten or more games three different times, in 13 years. Which Kelly did in three years, at Cincinnati.

I understand they're excited to be in the top 20, but perhaps Tulane and Alcorn State were insufficient training for a hike at this altitude.

What's our excuse, though? ND's a top ten team, playing at home, with about 200 collective starts among its defensive players. One of whom is Jaylon Smith, whose play so far this year puts him in danger of being shot by a Minnesota dentist. To quote the entire Ron Swanson Pawnee Rangers Handbook: Be a Man.

As for Georgia Tech, their impertinence grates, and I think they're about to get their *** beat.
Is Jaylon going to shadow JT ? This is your only hope save possibly KeiVarae Russell who has yet to play as well as he practices (or talks).

Eli

Helluva Engineer
I wonder how ole Rudy is doing in prison after being arrested for stock fraud in 2011...can't be good for a 5'1 white boy

furant

Jolly Good Fellow
Funny, but I do not mind this guy trolling at all. It just pumps me up more for the game more. This is going to be a fun game with a lot more drama than the Alcorn State and Tulane games.

I feel good.
Like I knew that I should.
I love it. I still enjoy the ND program and fans more than most of our competition. Sure, we may get beaten on this grand stage and there's only one way to find out.

But what really has me excited is that I really think I know which team has more cause for concern this week, and it's not the visitors.