Thomas states his anthem case

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
No, it’s called the America Land of Opportunity Humane Reunification of Human Sex Traffickers with their Underage Sex Slaves Universal Health Care Free Tuition and Abortions for All Gun Control & Tax the Rich Act
Hanging out a lot in the right hand lane, are you?

LibertyTurns

Banned
Hanging out a lot in the right hand lane, are you?
There’s a couple other Conservatives on this board but not many. I’ll well aware I’m vastly outnumbered, but once America gets disenfranchised over this latest empty-promise lefty binge we’re on I’m confident a new generation of Conservatives will re-establish law & order in our once great (or as Super Mario alleges crappy) country.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
There’s a couple other Conservatives on this board but not many. I’ll well aware I’m vastly outnumbered, but once America gets disenfranchised over this latest empty-promise lefty binge we’re on I’m confident a new generation of Conservatives will re-establish law & order in our once great (or as Super Mario alleges crappy) country.
I was just picking at you. But your vision of America is depressing, because it is and always has been a great country, no "again" to it, and for the life of me I don't get how "conservatives" or "Republicans" can stand moot, even enthusiastically participate, while eviscerating every principle they once claimed to embrace. It is a level of hypocrisy of mammoth proportions. "Lefty"? We should be so lucky ... it ain't the left in bed with Putin and the North Korean dwarf.

LibertyTurns

Banned
I was just picking at you. But your vision of America is depressing, because it is and always has been a great country, no "again" to it, and for the life of me I don't get how "conservatives" or "Republicans" can stand moot, even enthusiastically participate, while eviscerating every principle they once claimed to embrace. It is a level of hypocrisy of mammoth proportions. "Lefty"? We should be so lucky ... it ain't the left in bed with Putin and the North Korean dwarf.
Really, our country was great during the Civil War, Great Depression, Vietnam War, etc? We have a great country but we’ve had our ups and downs. To ignore history is to take a shallow view of our affairs.

America is greatest when we’re upholding our Constitution and freedoms, unshackling our economic capacity and innovation thru free market policies and leading the world towards capitalism and democratic principles with a strong military to defend our interests. We’re not great when we’re oppressing our people thru regressive social programs, beating our economy into submission with excessive government regulation letting big money politicians dictate winners & losers, systematically disembowling our military, blatantly violating American’s constitutional privileges, restricting individuals god given rights and embarking on worldwide apology tours.

I’m virtually certain we couldn’t be farther apart in our ideology.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Really, our country was great during the Civil War, Great Depression, Vietnam War, etc? We have a great country but we’ve had our ups and downs. To ignore history is to take a shallow view of our affairs.

America is greatest when we’re upholding our Constitution and freedoms, unshackling our economic capacity and innovation thru free market policies and leading the world towards capitalism and democratic principles with a strong military to defend our interests. We’re not great when we’re oppressing our people thru regressive social programs, beating our economy into submission with excessive government regulation letting big money politicians dictate winners & losers, systematically disembowling our military, blatantly violating American’s constitutional privileges, restricting individuals god given rights and embarking on worldwide apology tours.

I’m virtually certain we couldn’t be farther apart in our ideology.
Remove "virtually".

Whiskey_Clear

Banned

Be careful. Claiming America has always been great is not a popular theme among the left. You might lose some friends for even implying it. Many liberals will eviscerate you for claiming it’s great today with Trump in the White House.

Other than runaway spending, which is significantly bad, what conservative principles do you see Trump eviscerating currently? Morality? Polite debate and discourse? Monogamy?

As for Putin and the DPRK. You are obviously not informed on actual sanctions imposed against both. Obviously not informed of the pressure Trump is leveraging in Europe to squeeze Russia strategically.

Want to talk about hypocrisy? Where is your criticism of Obama cozying up to Russia claiming he’d have more freedom to make deals after midterms? Uranium 1? Reset button? Russia didn’t do much more in the 2016 election that they hadn’t already been doing during and prior to Obama. Biggest difference was DNC incompetence making it so easy for them to hack their servers / drives.

Even that didn’t hurt the DNC though right? Nothing of value was lost. FBI would have told us if so . Oh wait. The DNC shipped that stuff overseas and told the FBI thanks but no thanks right? Ever ask yourself why that was? Ever ask yourself why Hillary broke devices, set them on fire, and used bleach bit? Or are you the hypocritical one who doesn’t care about corruption if it’s hsppening on your side of the political spectrum?

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Be careful. Claiming America has always been great is not a popular theme among the left. You might lose some friends for even implying it. Many liberals will eviscerate you for claiming it’s great today with Trump in the White House.

Other than runaway spending, which is significantly bad, what conservative principles do you see Trump eviscerating currently? Morality? Polite debate and discourse? Monogamy?

As for Putin and the DPRK. You are obviously not informed on actual sanctions imposed against both. Obviously not informed of the pressure Trump is leveraging in Europe to squeeze Russia strategically.

Want to talk about hypocrisy? Where is your criticism of Obama cozying up to Russia claiming he’d have more freedom to make deals after midterms? Uranium 1? Reset button? Russia didn’t do much more in the 2016 election that they hadn’t already been doing during and prior to Obama. Biggest difference was DNC incompetence making it so easy for them to hack their servers / drives.

Even that didn’t hurt the DNC though right? Nothing of value was lost. FBI would have told us if so . Oh wait. The DNC shipped that stuff overseas and told the FBI thanks but no thanks right? Ever ask yourself why that was? Ever ask yourself why Hillary broke devices, set them on fire, and used bleach bit? Or are you the hypocritical one who doesn’t care about corruption if it’s hsppening on your side of the political spectrum?
Well, start with a $1 trillion budget deficit looming because the tax cut gave money to those least in need. Then of course the morality spouted by conservatives for generations and now reflected in the most corrupt administration in presidential history. And splitting families, that's a good 'un for conservatives. And I am not even getting into the hypocrisy of "evangelical Christians" or the president's revealing the location of two American nuclear attack submarines off North Korea, or handing over secrets to Russia's ambassador in the Oval Office, and ...

And you know what? This "whatabout" game is silly. Hillary lost. Obama is no longer president -- our loss given the slug who replaced him -- and it is time for so-called conservatives to shovel out their stable. (And, come on. There you go blaming the victim again. It is the DNC's own grievous fault Trump's Russian buddies hacked 'em. I see today they are hacking conservative sites. Betcha a tune changes real quick.) The country is great despite that guy, who is doing his damndest and we can only hope the institutions and structure can stand the strain. Don't know about your friends on the left, mine think it's a great country. It is the right yowling and mewling about morals and family values and the military and god knows what else. (I really don't want to start another silly internet squabble but I can't find any place in the Constitution that calls for a standing army, much less a "powerful military". Merely a "well regulated militia" I think it says. The founding fathers, 11 of them immigrants, understood the danger of a standing army.) In today's world I don't object -- except for that mad man having the button in his little hand -- but let's not pretend it is called for by the Constitution.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
@Skeptic - you do realize the the "separation of families" didn't start under the Trump administration. Take notice to the dates of the original "kids in cages"...

My biggest peeves with the POTUS are:
the deficit not being reigned in, but I blame Congress for that (They are the ones that set the budget. Won't get into all the details),
twitter - pause before tweeting... choice of words do matter, and
choose better, more diplomatic words, when criticizing previous administrations. Regarding the last two, i.e. be more presidential.

LibertyTurns

Banned
I guess I’m not surprised that folks not interested in following the laws of our land would not be familiar with our Constitution.

Perhaps a refresher of Article 1, Section 8 enumerating the powers of our Congress might be in order for some.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Well, start with a $1 trillion budget deficit looming because the tax cut gave money to those least in need. Then of course the morality spouted by conservatives for generations and now reflected in the most corrupt administration in presidential history. And splitting families, that's a good 'un for conservatives. And I am not even getting into the hypocrisy of "evangelical Christians" or the president's revealing the location of two American nuclear attack submarines off North Korea, or handing over secrets to Russia's ambassador in the Oval Office, and ...

And you know what? This "whatabout" game is silly. Hillary lost. Obama is no longer president -- our loss given the slug who replaced him -- and it is time for so-called conservatives to shovel out their stable. (And, come on. There you go blaming the victim again. It is the DNC's own grievous fault Trump's Russian buddies hacked 'em. I see today they are hacking conservative sites. Betcha a tune changes real quick.) The country is great despite that guy, who is doing his damndest and we can only hope the institutions and structure can stand the strain. Don't know about your friends on the left, mine think it's a great country. It is the right yowling and mewling about morals and family values and the military and god knows what else. (I really don't want to start another silly internet squabble but I can't find any place in the Constitution that calls for a standing army, much less a "powerful military". Merely a "well regulated militia" I think it says. The founding fathers, 11 of them immigrants, understood the danger of a standing army.) In today's world I don't object -- except for that mad man having the button in his little hand -- but let's not pretend it is called for by the Constitution.

If you are gonna try and claim moral high ground, don’t be a hypocrite yourself. FYI, you won’t find anyone here defend Trump’s morality. Tolerate it? Yes. Defend it, not so much.

Conservatives are now willing to tolerate a high degree of moral flaws in political figures. The left has lowered the bar so much even Trump doesn’t seem as bad in comparison. Not a good outcome but it is what it is now. Both parties are now willing to overlook character flaws in order to garner political wins. The left led the way, the right has now descended also. Don’t be mad that the right isn’t as willing to handcuff themselves anymore and uses the same rulebook as the left now.

I’m not even going to bother addressing your hate for Christianity.

Are you completely ignorant of the Constitution or are you implying our nation can not, for example, wage war against any enemy for more than two consecutive years? Someone should have notified FDR huh? And you must really despise Lincoln. Do you not realize that Congress funds the military annually?

Whiskey_Clear

Banned

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/08/21/us-sanctions-russian-shipping-companies.html

If this is Trump being in bed with Russia and DPRK....I guess they can claim #metoo :ROFLMAO:

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Am I the only one who had a good chuckle at this? You really shouldn't keep talking down to others when you have obviously just drank the kool aid and suspended rational thought.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Both parties are now willing to overlook character flaws in order to garner political wins. The left led the way, the right has now descended also.
I'm not sure where you got that the left started it but it seems to have been this way on both sides for a long time. Maybe they did start it but, quite frankly, I don't care. The game is setup so everything is done in the interest of keeping power and gaining more power. That's just how a 2 party system works. Gotta play the game and can't let the other side score points. Doesn't matter what's in the best interest of the people.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Am I the only one who had a good chuckle at this? You really shouldn't keep talking down to others when you have obviously just drank the kool aid and suspended rational thought.
Dude I posted in detail the sanctions that started to get enforced in 2017. I used left leaning overseas assessments so you all couldn’t claim conservative bias. You lefties simply despise any tactic that does not involve apologizing for being American or does not require appeasement of some wayward country. History is not on your side. It’s zero for appeasers to I’ve lost count on the other side.

I will say you can spew the talking points out with the best of them though.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
If you are gonna try and claim moral high ground, don’t be a hypocrite yourself. FYI, you won’t find anyone here defend Trump’s morality. Tolerate it? Yes. Defend it, not so much.

Conservatives are now willing to tolerate a high degree of moral flaws in political figures. The left has lowered the bar so much even Trump doesn’t seem as bad in comparison. Not a good outcome but it is what it is now. Both parties are now willing to overlook character flaws in order to garner political wins. The left led the way, the right has now descended also. Don’t be mad that the right isn’t as willing to handcuff themselves anymore and uses the same rulebook as the left now.

I’m not even going to bother addressing your hate for Christianity.

Are you completely ignorant of the Constitution or are you implying our nation can not, for example, wage war against any enemy for more than two consecutive years? Someone should have notified FDR huh? And you must really despise Lincoln. Do you not realize that Congress funds the military annually?
this is just a silly post.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Dude I posted in detail the sanctions that started to get enforced in 2017. I used left leaning overseas assessments so you all couldn’t claim conservative bias. You lefties simply despise any tactic that does not involve apologizing for being American or does not require appeasement of some wayward country. History is not on your side. It’s zero for appeasers to I’ve lost count on the other side.

I will say you can spew the talking points out with the best of them though.

To be fair...the left is far less appeasement minded when not in actual power. When not in power they talk the talk. When I’m power they embrace surrender monkey philosophies and appeasement.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
To be fair...the left is far less appeasement minded when not in actual power. When not in power they talk the talk. When I’m power they embrace surrender monkey philosophies and appeasement.
Try it sometime without insults and attacks and miscasting of the discussion. Again, it is Trump genuflecting to the world's most dangerous commie, the one who has sworn to get even, the one every intelligence service warns us about. My "hatred" of Christians? That would surprise the hell out of my devout wife. I was clear: the hypocrisy of the evangelical movement is sickening. They enable Trump. I was told growing up that, "It ain't the religion. It's the religious." Meaning a guy like Huckabee claims a religion, but can post a despicable, stomach -turning photo on social media and smarmily compare it to Pelosi's campaign committee. Was that Matthew, Mark, Luke or John the Rev. Mike Huckabee got that from? I would contribute to the cost if the Rev. Huckabee would agree to debate Rep. Pelosi. I double dog dare him.) I'm going back to the start of football. That thread makes more sense.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Try it sometime without insults and attacks and miscasting of the discussion. Again, it is Trump genuflecting to the world's most dangerous commie, the one who has sworn to get even, the one every intelligence service warns us about. My "hatred" of Christians? That would surprise the hell out of my devout wife. I was clear: the hypocrisy of the evangelical movement is sickening. They enable Trump. I was told growing up that, "It ain't the religion. It's the religious." Meaning a guy like Huckabee claims a religion, but can post a despicable, stomach -turning photo on social media and smarmily compare it to Pelosi's campaign committee. Was that Matthew, Mark, Luke or John the Rev. Mike Huckabee got that from? I would contribute to the cost if the Rev. Huckabee would agree to debate Rep. Pelosi. I double dog dare him.) I'm going back to the start of football. That thread makes more sense.

Where did I attack or insult? What was mischaracterized?

As for your religious beliefs, your prior post seemed to indicate you aren’t exactly a proponent of Christianity. You are entitled to any such beliefs of course.