Thomas states his anthem case

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I do think that Trump likes such controversies and enjoys stirring them up....which is ashamed. However, who out there thinks any normal, well adjusted person would run for the Presidency, doesn't it take a megalomaniac to think they can run the Free World anyway?

Having said that, I also think that the NFL players run right into Trump's well laid trap. They would be better off finding other ways to protest, letting Trump declare victory and then trying to work together to actually, you know, maybe solve some problems?

All sides seem intent on infantile behavior though. <sigh>

Deleted member 2897

I do think that Trump likes such controversies and enjoys stirring them up....which is ashamed. However, who out there thinks any normal, well adjusted person would run for the Presidency, doesn't it take a megalomaniac to think they can run the Free World anyway?

Having said that, I also think that the NFL players run right into Trump's well laid trap. They would be better off finding other ways to protest, letting Trump declare victory and then trying to work together to actually, you know, maybe solve some problems?

I agree with all points:
* Trump is a ****hole, and enjoys causing trouble.
* Only severely flawed people seem to be able to run for the Presidency anymore.
* NFL players should ignore Trump.

I don't think NFL players protest the flag, protest against the military, or protest against our country. I think they chose that time because it maximizes viewership and awareness of their message (right or wrong).

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer

Nah, there is no equivalency there. I can't imagine anything more respectful than kneeling and what the heck, that afore-mentioned megalomaniac who owns the Dallas Cowboys ... refuses to remove his hat during the anthem. The answer is remarkably simple: stop playing the National Anthem at every sports event from Little League to Super Bowl. It already has been cheapened to meaninglessness.

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
I don't think it is really up to you how others peacefully protest.

Wreckin, I try to engage you in debate and conversation but it's hard to do so when you "quote" me and then respond to something that I never said.

The first sentence in the quote you posted of me was "I totally disagree with the opinion of the players but they each have individual rights to protest" so help me out with your reply please I'm missing your point. When did I say how they could or cold not protest ?

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
If you find it disrespectful then that is on you. Either way, this story had basically fallen out of public consciousness completely. Not many players were doing it anymore and it certainly wasn't being covered much by anyone anymore. Then Trump, unprovoked, decided to call them sons of bi***** in one of his incoherent rants. Boom, major story again. More players doing it than ever. The NFL had no clue what to do about it. Now players are willing to do it even if they get fined or suspended. All the idiot had to do to get what he supposedly wanted is not do anything. The few who were still kneeling would have eventually stopped. But lets be real, thats not what Trump wanted at all. If Trump had his way everyone would be kneeling. He doesn't care about the kneelers. He cares about the people he can rile up because of the kneeling. Its nothing but a political tool for him.

Totally true, Trump did see an advantage politically, in being critical of millionaire African American Citizens using the anthem as a protesting prop to bring attention to an issue that is responsible for exactly 0.01 % of African American deaths. More AFRICAN AMERICANS drown each year than are killed by police and more of those killed are white, The argument being put forth is a lie.
Screen-Shot-2018-07-10-at-10.38.45-AM.png

https://thesocietypages.org/toolbox/police-killing-of-blacks/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...fb9411d332c_story.html?utm_term=.1f16c02e4ed3

https://www.statista.com/statistics/585152/people-shot-to-death-by-us-police-by-race/

and by the way ANYONE upset with Trump playing politics with this issue is a hypocrite, The Democrat Party has been playing politics with race for 60 years.

Last edited:

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Totally true, Trump did see an advantage politically, in being critical of millionaire African American Citizens using the anthem as a protesting prop to bring attention to an issue that is responsible for exactly 0.01 % of African American deaths. More AFRICAN AMERICANS drown each year than are killed by police and more of those killed are white, The argument being put forth is a lie.
Screen-Shot-2018-07-10-at-10.38.45-AM.png

https://thesocietypages.org/toolbox/police-killing-of-blacks/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...fb9411d332c_story.html?utm_term=.1f16c02e4ed3

https://www.statista.com/statistics/585152/people-shot-to-death-by-us-police-by-race/

and by the way ANYONE upset with Trump playing politics with this issue is a hypocrite, The Democrat Party has been playing politics with race for 60 years.
This is true. You are also far more likely to die from choking on your food than from a terrorist attack. Yet for some reason we spend billions every year fighting terrorism. We tend to be more emotional about things that we feel other people are causing and which can be avoided. Either way, there is no prerequisite on how large a problem is perceived to be before someone can protest it. Much smaller issues have been protested. If the protest is peaceful then you can protest whatever is important to you. Im not sure why anyone is so offended by these guys protesting something they believe in. If you disagree with them then just ignore them.

This is true. You are also far more likely to die from choking on your food than from a terrorist attack. Yet for some reason we spend billions every year fighting terrorism. We tend to be more emotional about things that we feel other people are causing and which can be avoided. Either way, there is no prerequisite on how large a problem is perceived to be before someone can protest it. Much smaller issues have been protested. If the protest is peaceful then you can protest whatever is important to you. Im not sure why anyone is so offended by these guys protesting something they believe in. If you disagree with them then just ignore them.

That's what many of us are doing now. Ignoring the NFL. These ingrates are well on their way to killing the golden goose that gives them their livelihood.

Deleted member 2897

This may be one of the worst, most uneducated analogies you've ever made. Food is not secretly plotting to kill hundreds of thousands of us at once if it is able. Furthermore, the number of such attacks that have been thwarted is extremely high. Sad.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
This may be one of the worst, most uneducated analogies you've ever made. Food is not secretly plotting to kill hundreds of thousands of us at once if it is able. Furthermore, the number of such attacks that have been thwarted is extremely high. Sad.
Water isn't secretly plotting to kill black people either which is the exact analogy I was responding to.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
That's what many of us are doing now. Ignoring the NFL. These ingrates are well on their way to killing the golden goose that gives them their livelihood.
Thats fine, and you are well within your right to do so but are you also boycotting Georgia Tech athletics for not penalizing the cheerleader who was kneeling before football games?

Thats fine, and you are well within your right to do so but are you also boycotting Georgia Tech athletics for not penalizing the cheerleader who was kneeling before football games?

Nope. Most of us are there to see the football game and not the cheerleaders. Err, most of us I think. :p I think that if the GTAA allowed players to kneel on the field during the national anthem, there would be major issues with support of said administration well beyond the issues we already have.

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck

Actually she has more right to do it than players in the NFL -- she isn't an employee

Deleted member 2897

So you think his family didn't get justice? I'm confused. I love Bebe but he's severely misinformed is all.

According to probably 50% of the country, our justice system should not be separating families. There is even a bill filed in Congress to stop it across the country for all criminal activity that doesn’t put the kids in danger...citizen or non-citizen.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
According to probably 50% of the country, our justice system should not be separating families. There is even a bill filed in Congress to stop it across the country for all criminal activity that doesn’t put the kids in danger...citizen or non-citizen.

A lot of garbage bills get filed in Congress but never go anywhere. What’s this one called? “The Free Anarchy Bill?”

LibertyTurns

Banned
A lot of garbage bills get filed in Congress but never go anywhere. What’s this one called? “The Free Anarchy Bill?”
No, it’s called the America Land of Opportunity Humane Reunification of Human Sex Traffickers with their Underage Sex Slaves Universal Health Care Free Tuition and Abortions for All Gun Control & Tax the Rich Act

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Keep Families Together Act - all 48 Democrats are co-sponsors. And my memory was wrong – it only protects illegal immigrants – not American citizens. Go figure!
https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/senate-bill/3036?q={"search":["keep+families+together+act"]}

So it’s real name is “
No, it’s called the America Land of Opportunity Humane Reunification of Human Sex Traffickers with their Underage Sex Slaves Universal Health Care Free Tuition and Abortions for All Gun Control & Tax the Rich Act

I think you are confusing the bill with the 2020 DNC platform. Reasonable mistake.