Thomas states his anthem case

Deleted member 2897

2 things I'd like to clear up:

1) As a Christian, I don't get my morals from another human - not Trump, not Huckabee, none of them. I don't care if someone who calls themselves a Christian does something terrible or not - it will never affect or adjust my moral principles. All humans are broken - so you can post bad deeds that people do who call themselves Christians all day and it won't shake the foundation I try to stand on. To say its hypocrisy that we can be Christians and call ourselves Christians when some person or many people do bad things is a mis-use of the word hypocrisy. It doesn't have anything to do with it.

2) On the deficits, the tax cuts didn't do a darned thing to create them. Our tax revenues are GROWING. We have posted the numbers several times on here - spending is growing at 3x the rate of inflation. The largest reason for the deficits is the unfunded liabilities from programs like SS and chiefly Medicare. For example, the average Medicare enrollee put $100,000 inflation adjusted dollars in, but will pull $450,000 out of the program (why we allow such stupidity is exactly the problem). Every month another 10,000 people sign up (sources: https://www.forbes.com/sites/dandia...le-enroll-in-medicare-every-day/#5a93692b3657)

If you do the math on that, it means every month, we add another $35 BILLION to the debt over the life of that person - those are the unfunded liabilities rolling onto our books. EVERY MONTH! So even if we held tax revenue perfectly flat and discretionary spending perfectly flat, our books would still be an utter and complete disaster.

So when you (generic you) read that we have $100 Trillion of unfunded liabilities and want to just roll your eyes that its fake news and fake numbers, its not. Adding up that $35 Billion, month after month after month, out over the next few decades adds up to $100 Trillion. Its real, and its coming. Until we restructure those programs to only pay out based on the money thats put in.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
I think the problem is people put to much emphasis on what others beliefs are. Do I care what you like or dislike? No. Do I care if you are treated fairly? Yes.

If we care so much about someone's religion, allegiance, and opinions on political parties then we have already lost the battle and the war. The ignorance staggers me, honestly.

Do I care if you stand for the flag? Hell no. Do I care if you punch me in the face, or attack me personally? Yes.

Unless something is personal then dont make it personal. Its dumb to be worked up over a flag. Yes it stands for a lot, but at the end of the day its a flag. Do your best to make the community around you better by appreciating and loving one another. If that was a core value, then we wouldn't have people kneeling and everyone would love and appreciate the flag. Because news flash the American culture is broken.

Its profit driven not people driven. It's when we go the hard way to help someone is when we make a difference, not hand them money and move on.

Again why I'm not a fan of religion. A lot of good is done, but a lot is in name of status or the "right to say in honor of a god". I do things for others because it's my responsibility as a human because I share a planet with other living things. I love others because I see what the alternative brings. Before you stop watching a network or brand because there players have alternate beliefs from you, think about being in their shoes. Absorb the idea that maybe their universe is different from yours. They were raised differently. As we all are.

Of course it would be easy if we all thought the same. But its human nature to want to argue and *****. So we wouldn't be happy would we? Haha.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I think the problem is people put to much emphasis on what others beliefs are. Do I care what you like or dislike? No. Do I care if you are treated fairly? Yes.

If we care so much about someone's religion, allegiance, and opinions on political parties then we have already lost the battle and the war. The ignorance staggers me, honestly.

Do I care if you stand for the flag? Hell no. Do I care if you punch me in the face, or attack me personally? Yes.

Unless something is personal then dont make it personal. Its dumb to be worked up over a flag. Yes it stands for a lot, but at the end of the day its a flag. Do your best to make the community around you better by appreciating and loving one another. If that was a core value, then we wouldn't have people kneeling and everyone would love and appreciate the flag. Because news flash the American culture is broken.

Its profit driven not people driven. It's when we go the hard way to help someone is when we make a difference, not hand them money and move on.

Again why I'm not a fan of religion. A lot of good is done, but a lot is in name of status or the "right to say in honor of a god". I do things for others because it's my responsibility as a human because I share a planet with other living things. I love others because I see what the alternative brings. Before you stop watching a network or brand because there players have alternate beliefs from you, think about being in their shoes. Absorb the idea that maybe their universe is different from yours. They were raised differently. As we all are.

Of course it would be easy if we all thought the same. But its human nature to want to argue and *****. So we wouldn't be happy would we? Haha.

If you truly followed your own logic you wouldn’t even have posted the above. But welcome to the discussion.

What others believe certainly matters and I think it’s silly to state otherwise. If others don’t believe in the law you get anarchy. If our citizens don’t care about our nation, think it’s broken, despise it... Guess what? We won’t have a nation for long. We certainly won’t have anyone serving to protect it or our rights...which brings us back to anarchy or oppression.

Thomas is entitled to his beliefs even if I think those beliefs are completely flawed. I’m tired of seeing these privileged millionaires condemn our nation as a whole. Which is what they are doing by protesting the symbol of same. I’m tired of the NFL condoning and promoting that expression I find ignorant. So I choose to depart that former pastime. Millions feel as I do and the NFL can wave goodbye to our eyes and money. Millions feel otherwise, the NFL can make their profits from them.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
If you truly followed your own logic you wouldn’t even have posted the above. But welcome to the discussion.

What others believe certainly matters and I think it’s silly to state otherwise. If others don’t believe in the law you get anarchy. If our citizens don’t care about our nation, think it’s broken, despise it. Guess what, we won’t have a nation for long. We certainly won’t have anyone servicing to protect it or our rights...which brings us back to anarchy.

Thomas is entitled to his beliefs even if I think those beliefs are completely flawed. I’m tired of seeing these privileged millionaires condemn our nation as a whole. Which is what they are doing by protesting the symbol of same. I’m tired of the NFL condoning and promoting that expression I find ignorant. So I choose to depart that former pastime. Millions feel as I do and the NFL can wave goodbye to our eyes and money. Millions feel otherwise, the NFL can make their profits from them.

America is a community, a team. It is only as good as its weakest link. We are a nation in distress until we can figure out the problems in our culture. It's just a weird thing to tackle since it isnt on a financial spreadsheet or a war. It's a mental war full of people who have been culturally raised to believe a race is less valuable than another. Their culture needs to be corrected.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
The simple fact that white supremacy parades are allowed and being a member of the kkk isnt punishable with a minimum of 10 years in jail is a joke. A man with a nazi logo on his shoulder people say oh wow, that's different and daring. Yet, a man kneels and people get their panties in a wad.

If we aren't actively trying to exterminate the nazi and supremacy belief then we are actively being unamerican. America where EVERY RACE AND RELIGION has EQUAL opportunity to thrive without dismay from the government.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
America is a community, a team. It is only as good as its weakest link. We are a nation in distress until we can figure out the problems in our culture. It's just a weird thing to tackle since it isnt on a financial spreadsheet or a war. It's a mental war full of people who have been culturally raised to believe a race is less valuable than another. Their culture needs to be corrected.

Yeah we have completely different visions of our nation.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
The simple fact that white supremacy parades are allowed and being a member of the kkk isnt punishable with a minimum of 10 years in jail is a joke. A man with a nazi logo on his shoulder people say oh wow, that's different and daring. Yet, a man kneels and people get their panties in a wad.

If we aren't actively trying to exterminate the nazi and supremacy belief then we are actively being unamerican. America where EVERY RACE AND RELIGION has EQUAL opportunity to thrive without dismay from the government.

Nazi and white supremacy is not a religion nor a belief it is a full blown uneducated and hateful group.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Yeah we have completely different visions of our nation.

I suppose so. May be due to age gap. The babyboomer to millenials to this new snowflake generation (whatever they are) have vastly different opinions. Millennials are far less religion based. For the good. Love doesn't require religion or a god.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned

And here lies some flawed logic. The fact that I denounce kneelers in no way affects my beliefs about white supremacists in our nation. And I’m not sure how one even draws that conclusion.

Even ignorant and hateful speech is constitutionally protected speech. Even when coming from the dregs of our society. Your stance on speech is unconstitutional and as “unamerican” as the filth spewed by white supremacists imo.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I suppose so. May be due to age gap. The babyboomer to millenials to this new snowflake generation (whatever they are) have vastly different opinions. Millennials are far less religion based. For the good. Love doesn't require religion or a god.

Ironically I think a lack of religion in our society has led to a belief in love of self first. Which I believe plays a huge factor in the majority of societies ills. But this is a topic for another thread.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
I think it’s a set of beliefs based upon complete ignorance and fueled by hate, greed, and a mentally unbalanced sense of pride....also evil, that is a big factor as well.

Simply put. The Beatles knew it best. Just love one another. Hard to when people are not so loving, but gotta push through!

Vespidie

Jolly Good Fellow
It would still very much be an issue. I don’t like the fact that Trump is using it to try and score political points though. He should shut up about it, let the public sort it out themselves, and concentrate on balancing the budget/DPRK/China/Russia/trade/a million other things instead. But that’s really talk for another forum.

The "public" is far too stupid to figure anything out for themselves. All one has to do is look at one's views about the responsibility of government.

Deleted member 2897

That can't ever be possible. For example, many Republicans and Conservatives have been accused of being racists and Nazis. So if there were such a law as you describe, then all these people would be put on trial. Its a slippery slope.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...ore-american-than-kneeling-during-anthem.html

There is nothing more “American” than kneeling for the anthem. To continue this logic, there is nothing more “American” than taking a poop on the Stars and Stripes. There is nothing more “American” than taking a poop on the Constitution. There is nothing more “American” than saying America is the most vile and unjust nation in the history of the world.

Yes our inalienable rights and our Constitution protect everyone’s right to do any of the above (we’ll not poop in public but I think you get my drift). To declare those acts as “American” purism is utter and complete absurdity. That kind of logic should lead one to declare that there is nothing more “American” than a white supremacist promoting racist ideologies.