This Uni Combo...

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Mostly because when I was in school in the 60s, the trim was always black, not blue, and IMO black should have been chosen over blue as our secondary color. I was not alone in thinking that back then either. Also because too many other teams in the country wear blue, in one shade or another. Yes, I realize that the mutts are red and black, and I could understand not letting black be an alternate color, but the black watch unis were awesome looking. In general though, just stick with white and gold; that's our brand, so why do we need any alternates at all?

I appreciate that point of view. Would be remiss if I did not point out that before CBD went, mainly, with the G/W/G and black trim that we wore Blue shirts and the Clint Castleberry color Gold jersies. And none of that matters now.

JMO, the third color is no big on/off switch for me. I give slight edge to blue because I think black is somewhat drab. Black being a ugag color doesn’t matter to me. They wear white shirts about half of their games and have white trim on home unis.

The bigger thing to me is that all our teams are consistent with the third color being the same. Appears Blue it is.

The alternates? I gotta believe, rightly or wrongly, that the kids like it, we are not in the same position as bama, and some in power think it helps recruiting.

Now, if we were still in the SEC, we could wear G/W/G and G/W/W (which CBD also wore as a home alternate) till the cows came home and never worry about any of this.

Last edited:
I appreciate that point of view. Would be remiss if I did not point out that before CBD went, mainly, with the G/W/G and black trim that we wore Blue shirts and the Clint Castleberry color Gold jersies. And none of that matters now.

JMO, the third color is no big on/off switch for me. I give slight edge to blue because I think black is somewhat drab. Black being a ugag color doesn’t matter to me. They wear white shirts about half of their games and have white trim on home unis.

The bigger thing to me is that all our teams are consistent with the third color being the same. Appears Blue it is.

The alternates? I gotta believe, rightly or wrongly, that the kids like it, we are not in the same position as bama, and some in power think it helps recruiting.

Now, if we were still in the SEC, we could wear G/W/G and G/W/W (which CBD also wore as a home alternate) till the cows came home and never worry about any of this.
It also galls me that the women's softball team, from what I have heard, wears nothing but blue, and I hate it every time I see either basketball team wearing blue. Even though Dodd's teams did on occasion wear blue jerseys, they never wore blue pants, and the basketball team never wore blue at all.

GoGATech

Jolly Good Fellow
Yes, all white with white helmet we wore against the Citadel. (also, about 4-5 shades of gold :) )
That has not been posted as this week's uni yet. That was a recruit's visit last week and he took pics in that combo. Speculation is that it may be that this weekend but no official word yet. Should be released today. It's a very clean look but we could go with more contrast since Virginia is wearing white helmets and white pants this week. The only thing that anybody has confirmed is that we are wearing the white helmet. It's not the same as vs Citadel either. Those had the navy facemask, these have the gold facemask on them.