This Uni Combo...

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
EItsa4RW4AACuWA

Damn near fell out of my chair when I saw this. We have to wear this combo.

Deleted member 2897

How many distinctly different shades of Gold can they put into 1 uniform? It’s just silly - it would look just that much better with just even the slightest attention to detail.

Deleted member 2897

After the old people complain about the GT uni combo, can we round-out the thread with a GT football history lesson? No thread is complete without recapping the merits of each past GT FB coach and Bobby Dodd’s AD decisions.

It’s not an age thing. I’m in my 40s and that grey isn’t even a color of ours - but it still looks good. And you know what - look at how all the Gold matches each other. It’s not the colors that’s the problem, it’s the shoddy design and lack of attention to branding and detail on some of these. On that other with the navy, they could have that exact same uniform look completely awesome just by having the colors match.

crl85

Jolly Good Fellow
It’s not an age thing. I’m in my 40s and that grey isn’t even a color of ours - but it still looks good. And you know what - look at how all the Gold matches each other. It’s not the colors that’s the problem, it’s the shoddy design and lack of attention to branding and detail on some of these. On that other with the navy, they could have that exact same uniform look completely awesome just by having the colors match.
Late 40’s or early 40’s?

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
Anyone who doesn't like this is well over the age of 40, just so y'all know that you're dating yourselves. I hereby banish you all to sit with the decomposing fans in the lower west stands.

Anyone who doesn't like this is well over the age of 40, just so y'all know that you're dating yourselves. I hereby banish you all to sit with the decomposing fans in the lower west stands.
I am well over the age of 46, and I am a life-long Tech fan (and alum). I sit in the upper east and raise hell at every (EVERY) game as I pull for the Jackets. But Tech is now and always has been the White and Gold, and not the blue and anything, despite occasional uses of blue through the years. In the Curry and Ross years, when I was still young by your standards, I HATED the blue then. as did most other Tech fans in my age group. Unfortunately, we were forced to wear dark jerseys at home by the stupid NCAA, and for unknown reasons, other than the Black Watch uniforms, blue was chosen as our dark color, instead of the black, or the obvious gold. I hated blue then, and I hate blue now. Deal with it, and stop trying to make it an age thing, when, as I said, when I was young, we all hated it then too, except apparently for Homer Rice. And there are plenty of younger fans who also don't like blue NOW.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
The top 2 pix in the original post look much better than what I would have thought.

The Gold numbers seem to make it pop more than white numbers would have in this combo.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
I am well over the age of 46, and I am a life-long Tech fan (and alum). I sit in the upper east and raise hell at every (EVERY) game as I pull for the Jackets. But Tech is now and always has been the White and Gold, and not the blue and anything, despite occasional uses of blue through the years. In the Curry and Ross years, when I was still young by your standards, I HATED the blue then. as did most other Tech fans in my age group. Unfortunately, we were forced to wear dark jerseys at home by the stupid NCAA, and for unknown reasons, other than the Black Watch uniforms, blue was chosen as our dark color, instead of the black, or the obvious gold. I hated blue then, and I hate blue now. Deal with it, and stop trying to make it an age thing, when, as I said, when I was young, we all hated it then too, except apparently for Homer Rice. And there are plenty of younger fans who also don't like blue NOW.

I respect your opinion, but I just do not understand how Dk Blue is that much worse than Black. If I understand you correctly.

And I have long advocated for us trying to get a somewhat Texas style uni with the proper Gold and White only - zero Blue or Black trim.

Just trying to understand why you seem to think black is superior to blue.

I respect your opinion, but I just do not understand how Dk Blue is that much worse than Black. If I understand you correctly.

And I have long advocated for us trying to get a somewhat Texas style uni with the proper Gold and White only - zero Blue or Black trim.

Just trying to understand why you seem to think black is superior to blue.
Mostly because when I was in school in the 60s, the trim was always black, not blue, and IMO black should have been chosen over blue as our secondary color. I was not alone in thinking that back then either. Also because too many other teams in the country wear blue, in one shade or another. Yes, I realize that the mutts are red and black, and I could understand not letting black be an alternate color, but the black watch unis were awesome looking. In general though, just stick with white and gold; that's our brand, so why do we need any alternates at all?

Backstreetbuzz

Jolly Good Fellow
I’m in my 70s and absolutely love the different combos. However, at my age, I do need to ***** a little. I’m not a fan of the gold color we chose. I loved the “Vegas” gold we had under, I think, O’Leary.