The "Way Too Damn Early" Bowl Predictions

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Bowl games in particular are a joke. It's embarrassing to miss a bowl these days, as Little Sisters of the Poor usually gets a bowl invite if they have 5 wins, so to miss a bowl means you're a really BAD team. But the ticket prices are ridiculous and the seating is usually end zone and everything is expensive....and remind me again why it is such a big deal?
I would still rather be sitting watching GT play in a Bowl Game than sitting at home and watching someone else play in a Bowl Game.....................................just sayin';)

Last edited:

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I would still rather be sitting watching GT play in a Bowl Game than sitting at home and watching someone else play in a Bowl Game.....................................just sayin';)
I don't disagree...as long as I am at home watching on my TV. The trip is simply not worth it unless it is a top tier bowl. I can't see ever going to the Independence Bowl or the like....

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
All bowl game attendance is down. The at home experience is so much better than it was 20 years ago. Plus Tech do not travel well there were about 200 of us in Miami this year and most of them were parents of the players.

I had tickets to the Miami game and had set up my vacation around that game. The hurricane did significant damage to our vacation rental in Bonita Springs so we ended up canceling all of our plans in south Florida. We traded our Miami tickets for Clemson tickets. Ugh!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
Bowl games in particular are a joke. It's embarrassing to miss a bowl these days, as Little Sisters of the Poor usually gets a bowl invite if they have 5 wins, so to miss a bowl means you're a really BAD team. But the ticket prices are ridiculous and the seating is usually end zone and everything is expensive....and remind me again why it is such a big deal?
Uh because it impacts recruiting? You're telling me it has no impact on a recruit if a team has made a bowl game for 20 straight year vs a team that has missed three bowls in five seasons? Gimme a break

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
Uh because it impacts recruiting? You're telling me it has no impact on a recruit if a team has made a bowl game for 20 straight year vs a team that has missed three bowls in five seasons? Gimme a break
Whoops, though you responded to my comment. Disregard!

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
No, I agree. I acknowledge that missing bowls is indeed embarrassing and we don't want to miss even the small bowls as opposed to no bowl. BUT, my question was remind me why I should attend in person as opposed to watching it in TV.....

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
No, I agree. I acknowledge that missing bowls is indeed embarrassing and we don't want to miss even the small bowls as opposed to no bowl. BUT, my question was remind me why I should attend in person as opposed to watching it in TV.....
Again, that was my mistake. I assumed you were responding to my comment where I discussed how missing a bowl game was a bad look in general for the program and recruiting. I agree that going to somewhere like Shreveport as a fan would be a little pointless and certainly not worth the trip imo.