The Vote of Confidence is in...

gt02

Ramblin' Wreck
The part that annoys me is this: "But when you look at the stat sheet at the end of the game, it’s just a head shaker."

Because it really is not a head shaker. We got out coached. In everything from game plan, to in game adjustments, to timeouts, to making sure we got our plays in and did not confuse our players. If it really were the case that it was a head shaker, then we would just chalk this up as a bad day and look forward to Saturday. But we have seen multiple times bone headed decision making that comes back to bite us and a lack of accountability as to those decisions. So if anything, it is a head scratcher when we win.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
I was interviewed once for an article. When I read the article, I was amazed at how wrong everything was…even my “quotes.” I’d take this with a grain of salt. Bottom line: he should publicly support his coach. Behind the scenes may be a different story.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
1631152964445.png

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
And for those who think some of us are still carrying the torch for CPJ do you understand it now?!! What bothers us is not that the new regime thinks CPJ was the anti-Christ, though their obsession is kind of juvenile, it is that the new regime thinks we are really that stupid, that we are going to continue to put up with lousy coaching because it’s the former coach’s fault.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I was interviewed once for an article. When I read the article, I was amazed at how wrong everything was…even my “quotes.” I’d take this with a grain of salt. Bottom line: he should publicly support his coach. Behind the scenes may be a different story.
Same thing happened to me. In fact the story had exactly the opposite tilt I had given in my talk. The reporter took bad notes and just made stuff up. Now I always have a handout transcript ready.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
How much longer are we going to subjected to the CPJ excuse book? Somebody needs to let Todd know he’s gone and not coming back.
Well, if they couldn't run down Paul, they'd have to own up to their decisions and shortcomings. Also, I guessing that Todd is wondering what he'll do if another FCS spread option team comes into Grant Field and whips us again. Let's hope we don't have to find out.

IslandsofGaunilo

Georgia Tech Fan
“Obviously, going from the Paul Johnson system to any other system, we knew was going to take time,”

I understand the PR need for a public statement of support, especially given fan outrage after such a bad loss, but why oh why bring up Paul Johnson? It is really difficult to get behind Todd and this coaching staff when they continue to make these tacitly disparaging comments about a former head coach whom most of us appreciate and respect.

Todd should realize that it isn’t even the losses that are the most maddening for a lot of fans; it’s the behavior of the staff and the manner in which these games are lost. It shouldn’t take this long to field a competent and disciplined team. And Paul Johnson’s offensive system has nothing to do with the absence of these qualities thus far. To imply otherwise is disingenuous.