The Varsity

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
What'll ya have!?!?

For those going to the game and eating at the Varsity what will everyone's order of choice be Thursday night?

BTW... I could really go for a Frosted Orange and a couple of Chilli Slaw dogs right now.

cmathis

Jolly Good Fellow
What'll ya have!?!?

For those going to the game and eating at the Varsity what will everyone's order of choice be Thursday night?

BTW... I could really go for a Frosted Orange and a couple of Chilli Slaw dogs right now.

A heart attack. Good thing Emory is close.

thocut

Jolly Good Fellow
Hoping I can get some friends up to Fat Matt's or the Vortex instead this season. Seriously, if you haven't ever had some Fat Matt's ribs then you haven't lived.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
This is cruel.

A few years ago my sons were teasing because I no longer got my periodic Varsity fix. So I experimented until I found an acceptable hot dog chili and the most vile wieners available in NC. The fries were easy, but the onion rings took some work to get the batter right.

I have never been successful with the fried pies, but the dogs are great with a beer. And I have the view off my deck.

Enjoy. I will be eating shrimp and grits using the local catch.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
This is cruel.

A few years ago my sons were teasing because I no longer got my periodic Varsity fix. So I experimented until I found an acceptable hot dog chili and the most vile wieners available in NC. The fries were easy, but the onion rings took some work to get the batter right.

I have never been successful with the fried pies, but the dogs are great with a beer. And I have the view off my deck.

Enjoy. I will be eating shrimp and grits using the local catch.

You know you can order Varsity chili on line? ;)

Castleberry hot dog "sauce" isn't bad but it's better than nothing and you should be able to find it locally. Fried pies? Find one of your church grandmothers, I bet you can find one who the trick!

What I've never be able to duplicate is a FO, I've tried the recipes on line but it's just not the same. And lord help trying to find as good a chocolate milk as a PC!

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
I like Castleberry hot dog chili and the Castleberry name ties in with TECH as well. From a health standpoint it may be on a par with Varsity food.

My internist just shakes his head at me and my diet. But if I tried to change it my body would go into shock! Hey 6' and 175 lbs ain't exactly obese I tell him, he still just shake his head ;) Some folks just don't know what good food is!